What are your interest/hobbies - besides cooking

@Elawin I admire Bauhaus , Art Deco and Frank Lloyd Wright. Brilliant design. Not design styles that I would choose for myself - just admired styles. I often sigh and wish I had pursued my applied arts education. If wishes were horses no one would walk. Or something like that. I am feeling melancholy. There is something inside of me that would like to be different.

@ElizabethB

I too admire and profoundly appreciate the architectural Works of Bauhaus, Art Deco and particularly Frank Lloyd Wright. However, I have a grand love for top floor apartments with sea views .. Very vertical .. Though I do also enjoy Italian Villas and Maisons ( mansions) on the sea ..

And rural country renovated Provençal type Stone houses sitting on wineyards ! and reformed and renovated Spanish, Italian and French Castles, Trulli ( Puglia) renovated of course, Cliff cave apartments built into the ravines of Basilicata (Matera) and Cuenca, Castilla La Mancha on the Huecar River below and Spanish Manor Houses ( houses of the Barons ) .. and Island Greek White architecture too on the islands of Skiatos & Santorini & Crete ..

Last edited:
Me too! I often wish I had been born into a family that encouraged their children's ambitions rather than disapproved of them. Things could have been so different, but then we wouldn't be where we are now.

I am the eldest of seven children.. I am blessed with parents who encouraged us to pursue our dreams. They sacrificed much to see that we all had a good education.

Thanks Mom and Dad. Love them both and miss my Dad.

Make the time - there is always time for something you enjoy. You only get one go at this world might as well enjoy it

DITTO

I use a shallow tray and push it under the sofa out of "harm's" way to store it. Even when I used to work 9 hours a day plus travelling time 7 days a week, there was always time for a jigsaw puzzle.

We have a cat, the kitchen work surface is the only place 'out of harms way' :laugh:

I enjoy caravanning as a major pastime throughout the year. I have just returned home from an extended weekend away in the caravan. The beauty of caravanning is that I can continue my love of cooking. For the past ten years I've been developing my Cadac cooking techniques, with some very impressive results.

I enjoy caravanning as a major pastime throughout the year. I have just returned home from an extended weekend away in the caravan. The beauty of caravanning is that I can continue my love of cooking. For the past ten years I've been developing my Cadac cooking techniques, with some very impressive results.

Cadac techniques? I love caravans too. I enjoy the 'pared down' lifestyle.

Cadac techniques? I love caravans too. I enjoy the 'pared down' lifestyle.
Cadac techniques, this ranges from basic griddle cooking to barbecue meat using the grill and heat deflector plate with apple wood chips sprinkled on to add that special smokey flavour. Takes a bit of time and experimentation, but persistence pays off.

Back
Top Bottom