What did you cook, eat or drink today (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither of us felt like cooking or going out last night, so we ordered delivered Thai. I got a green pork curry and some boneless stuffed wings. Craig got red curry and special fried rice. Whew, my curry that was listed as slightly spicy really wasn't, even Craig was surprised when he tasted it. It was spicier than his red.

Cajun Steak.

20190222_190130.jpg

Smoky Baked Beans

20190222_190433.jpg

Collard greens

20190222_190203.jpg

One of Jamie Oliver'sq

Gorgeous. I’ve become a big fan of black rice: it has a nice chew to it, and the color is stunning.

I can't cook with it anymore because my husband had to avoid it due to it having more iron in it that conventional rice. He was diagnosed at the start of September last year with haemochromatosis. Iron had been building up in his body and specially in his joints to the point where it was 11-12 times higher than it should be . He's been blood letting (a unit ) each week since. He's at a session now add I type this . So far they have removed more than 26 units of blood in the last 26 weeks and his iron is still in 4 figures. He and I eat the same diet and my iron is desperately low (as in double figures starting with a 1!).

Anyhow black rice contains a lot more iron than conventional rice so he can't have it anymore . I only get to eat it when we eat out at somewhere that serves it. I may have some today if I'm lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom