What did you cook, eat or drink today (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken and yellow rice with green peas and a crispy chicken skin chip.
2019-03-23 18.15.48.jpg

12 oz Minced bacon , preferably from a joint. 1 onion chopped and fried in butter, 1/4 pint bacon stock (I used pork stock), beaten egg, 2 oz breadcrumbs, mixed herbs, nutmeg and pepper and then mix.

Line a 1lb loaf tin with butter and then press in golden dried breadcrumbs around the base and sides. Spoon in the loaf mix cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at gas mk4 180°.
If I do this again I would use a scant 1/4pt as the mix was slightly loose.

Seems funny to be called Wysh again!

Could be entered into the Recipe Challenge... time is very short though!

Tandoori Pork, from Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook.

Pork chop marinated in yoghurt, tomato puree, paprika, ginger, garlic, bay leaves, and peppercorns. Cover and bake at approx 180° for an hour and a quarter basting a couple of times. I uncovered the casserole dish for the last 10-15 minutes to give the pork a little colour.
The recipe, "remove the peppercorns and bay leaves before serving". Me "Remove the peppercorns? Those tiny little things? Not happening."
I selected some nice free range pork for this. That and the baking in a casserole dish meant the pork was lovely and tender.

One of those meals that taste better than they look.

DSC_0980.jpg

I got around to eating some cottage pie last evening....
I'm glad to see that you're eating something...I see so many things coming out of your kitchen that I wondered if you don't make something amazing, take pictures, and then move on to the next amazing creation without taking the time to eat your last one. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom