What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not belated - my birthday is today! The meal out was a day early...

You must remember that some of us are in different time zones.

In fact, some of us are on different planets!

hic emoticom.jpg

I finally got to cook in my new kitchen! It's not quite finished but i have the gas hob and ovens in place so I can at least cook again! Today was a simple chinese style marinaded chicken with veg stir fry and a bit of garlic bread!
IMG_4410.JPG

Carrots, black beans & cumin ….

A julienned carrot, par-boiled until al dente. Then drained. A little butter melted in the same pan, some cumin seeds sautéed until the flavour comes out, tipped the carrots back in until well-coated, then I added a few black beans, some ground cumin, and then lemon juice.

Served with half a shop-bought quiche Lorraine that wasn't very good. But the carrots were outstanding ….

Carrots & black beans.JPG

Rusty Pelican salad. It's a red leaf lettuce salad with shrimp, mushrooms, tomatoes and hard boiled eggs with a honey mustard dressing. It was served at a restaurant on Key Biscayne, which is an island off Miami. It was their signature salad and was prepared tableside and served with bread that was lightly orange tasting. The restaurant has been around forever, although the salad is no longer served. I had the salad the night before DD was born and she hit 40 this year, and I'd been to the restaurant for a couple of years before that. She wasn't due for almost another month, but I was huge and the hostess seating us made a crack about sitting me somewhere with easy exit access just in case. She didn't know how right she was.

2018-11-29 17.55.26.jpg

Rusty Pelican salad. It's a red leaf lettuce salad with shrimp, mushrooms, tomatoes and hard boiled eggs with a honey mustard dressing. It was served at a restaurant on Key Biscayne, which is an island off Miami. It was their signature salad and was prepared tableside and served with bread that was lightly orange tasting. The restaurant has been around forever, although the salad is no longer served. I had the salad the night before DD was born and she hit 40 this year, and I'd been to the restaurant for a couple of years before that. She wasn't due for almost another month, but I was huge and the hostess seating us made a crack about sitting me somewhere with easy exit access just in case. She didn't know how right she was.

View attachment 20873

Love the story. Is Rusty Pelican the name of the restaurant?

Love the story. Is Rusty Pelican the name of the restaurant?

Yes. It was pretty embarrassing too because I had 1, yes 1, pina colada that night, first time I'd had a drink since I found out I was pregnant, and I had to admit to it in labor and delivery since my water broke in middle of night and we had to go to ER since it was early and I wasn't having contractions yet, though I actually was in the form of really bad low back ache.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom