What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonton soup and egg rolls from a local Chinese restaurant.

We occasionally buy these which are handy for a quick easy meal. Quite tasty but two are needed for a decent plateful.

Shrimp Wonton s.jpg

Sounds wonderful. Wow. You get halibut and pork tenderloin. The lime cheesecake sounds dreamy. How did you like the meal?

It was brilliant. I will post photos tomorrow. There is this thing in some UK Michelin starred restaurants where they do a 'lunch deal' - its really fantastic value and the menu (although limited) has dishes which are on the à la carte menu at much higher prices.

Apparently CP (Charoen Pokphand) are the largest private company in Thailand.

Apparently CP (Charoen Pokphand) are the largest private company in Thailand.

A while ago, I even checked their website. I spent about a half an hour or so on the web trying to find out where they're sold here. I read somewhere on the web that other people are looking for it too. Maybe I'll go back and try again.

A while ago, I even checked their website. I spent about a half an hour or so on the web trying to find out where they're sold here. I read somewhere on the web that other people are looking for it too. Maybe I'll go back and try again.

CP actually have retail outlets here, at least 3 in our small town. In addition, three of the supermarkets carry their products.

After many months of unsuccessfully searching for a Yorkshire pudding (bun) tin to fit in the halogen oven, I bought four Teflon coated ramekins. Being still wary of the halogen and how hot it actually gets, I consulted Google and was advised:

Heat the oil for 7 minutes at 250 degC. Add the batter and cook for 10 minutes at 250 degC. Reduce the heat to 200 degC and cook for a further 20 minutes then a further 5 minutes at 150 degC. No! Mine were getting close to burning after 10 minutes of the second stage. Anyway, although they were edible with plenty of gravy, they were nowhere near the standards of my mum's or my wife's (both born in Yorkshire).

There is a little batter left - I'll make some scampy tomorrow.

Stage 1

Stage 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom