What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAFRANCESCACALAMARIALIOLI20171229_134859.jpg

Some Calamari with Ali Oli from scratch ..

The other authentically classic dish we had was Snails .. You either love them or detest them !

To get the snail flesh from the Shell, we use a long "pin with a Pearl top stored in a cork" .. This is quite an ancient method of eating as these are much much smaller than Escargot ..

View attachment 12544

Oh that's a tasty dish! Not so common by these parts but I've eaten a lot of these in Puglia!

Oh that's a tasty dish! Not so common by these parts but I've eaten a lot of these in Puglia!

@MypinchofItaly

We do all enjoy snails when in season .. They were delicious ..

I have had them in Gargano if I recall .. I would have to go into my files .. On the Adriatic side of Italia ..

Thanks Dear ..
Buon Anno Nuovo ..
Happy New Year ..

Happy belated birthday @SNSSO

Last night we had penne. The sauce was the last of the Xmas ham, a bottle of my home made tomato sauce, a container of leftover caponata from the freezer, extra green olives, capers & some fresh chilli.

It's been leftovers leftovers and more leftovers and this crazy lady went out & bought another ham for NYE.

It's the only time of year we would ever buy a whole leg of ham - actually I bought a half for Xmas & a whole for NYE. Having it in the fridge makes feeding teens on school holidays easier. Once it starts to get boring I will get OH to slice the lot & we will freeze it in zip locks.

@MypinchofItaly

We adore calamari ..

These turned out real good .. Tender interiors melt in mouth yet not mushy and a light crispiness. Chick pea flour and Bio Tarragona Evoo - 100 % Hojiblanca olives ..

Thank you and Have an outstanding year ahead ..

Chick pea flour? I've never tried it for frying..interesting.

Thank you and have a great year ahead @Francesca :)

@MypinchofItaly

We do all enjoy snails when in season .. They were delicious ..

I have had them in Gargano if I recall .. I would have to go into my files .. On the Adriatic side of Italia ..

Thanks Dear ..
Buon Anno Nuovo ..
Happy New Year ..

Yes and maybe in other regions too but I don't remember.
I've eaten them exatly as you prepared them..my husband doesn't like them and I never cook snails (even because I can't find them in Lombardia or Milano - not so fashion :D)

Last edited:
View attachment 12543

Some Calamari with Ali Oli from scratch ..
Chick pea flour? I've never tried it for frying..interesting.

Thank you and have a great year ahead @Francesca :)

@MypinchofItaly

I had this conversation with Sandra.

A Three Michelin Star Chef ( friend ) on the Andalusian Coast, who is renowned for his fish, dusts all his fish he is going to sauté in Evoo in chick pea flour ..

The reason is chick pea flour in non - porous and prohibits the Evoo from entering the product and the exterior remains crisp & the fish non greasy ..

Try a sampling and see the difference .. You can do it with a zucchine slice or a bone less chciken breast etcetra ..

Have a lovely evening .. Also, chick pea flour is bio and lighter than wheat flour ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom