What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MypinchofItaly

I had this conversation with Sandra.

A Three Michelin Star Chef ( friend ) on the Andalusian Coast, who is renowned for his fish, dusts all his fish he is going to sauté in Evoo in chick pea flour ..

The reason is chick pea flour in non - porous and prohibits the Evoo from entering the product and the exterior remains crisp & the fish non greasy ..

Try a sampling and see the difference .. You can do it with a zucchine slice or a bone less chciken breast etcetra ..

Have a lovely evening .. Also, chick pea flour is bio and lighter than wheat flour ..

Thank you for your tip @Francesca, I'll try it. I use sometimes panko or even corn flour and the final result is great.

30th Saturday ..

Sincé we are all busy up in Cadaques, with hair or nail appointments or Central Market and shops, we are grabbing a bite out ..

Have not decided where yet ..

Another third of the potatoes and cauliflower this evening with a pan fried horseshoe gammon and a pair of poached eggs.

outside 2 s.jpg

outside 4 egg s.jpg

@Francesca
Both the Calamari and snails look wonderful. Not an easy task to find fresh in my part of the world. What is the lovely sauce the snails are swimming in?

Neither can I!
But I do know I live in the future and you live in the past! It helps to know this
:laugh: Kind of mind boggling when you stop and think about it.

:ohmy: Shortly you will be living in another YEAR!!! So what do we have to look forward to in the future? :giggle: What are the winning numbers for the Power Ball?

Last edited:
@ElizabethB

Re: The Snail Sauce ..

This is a very authentic historical sauce used here for snails .. These are not from the sea. They are land snails like Escargot are .. However, these are much much smaller than Escargot ..

Of course, every family has their own take on the récipe however, here are the ingredients without measurements ..

Choricero Dried Peppers
Smoked Pimentón ( sweet and hot )
Chicken Broth from home made stock
Iberian Ham acorn fed Ham from Dehuesa, Badajoz, Extremadura Apellation or DesIgnation of Origin
Ground parsley fresh and dry
Bay leaf
Garlic
Onion
Tomato and tomato paste
Salt and Black freshly ground pepper to taste
1 tiny dried "guindilla" capscium pepper
1 tiny piece of dried sausage or chorizo in Spanish

@SatNavSaysStraightOn and @morning glory : some of those kolonji seeds have a slight green tinge. It must be the lighting because they did not look green to the naked eye. That image was taken using flash bounced from the underside of the cooker hood (at 3 0'clock).
Didn't we have this before (the green tinged seeds) in another thread a rather long time ago. We never did get to the bottom of it!

After a walk this afternoon, hubby and I have stopped to California Bakery for a blueberries cheesecake and smoothies..fantastic, very good. And we have picked up another cake to bring at home. So dinner is red velvet big piece of cake, eating it sat on the sofà and watching a movie on tv.

@MypinchofItaly

Wow .. Gorgeous Sweet tooth pleasures ! I adore a good home made Cheesecake ..

The Red Velvet Tart has a very fascinating history !! You would enjoy Reading about it .. It is on line (Google) ..

Have a lovely weekend and a wonderful 31st and 1st ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom