What did you cook/eat today (February 2018)?

Speaking of "spreadable" - my western food supplier has this on special -

TWIX, MALTESER & BOUNTY SPREAD.....200GM JAR......TO CLEAR....50 BAHT

Since when were these strange sandwich ingredients invented? (I guess that it originates from UK?).

Speaking of "spreadable" - my western food supplier has this on special -

TWIX, MALTESER & BOUNTY SPREAD.....200GM JAR......TO CLEAR....50 BAHT

Since when were these strange sandwich ingredients invented? (I guess that it originates from UK?).
I've never heard of them, hang on.....

OK I just Googled, yep, the supermarkets have them. That's just wrong.

Salad as always, however this one is with Tomato, Proscuitto, Reggiano Aged Parmesano, Radicchio, Mozzarella di Buffala, Fresh Parsley, S & P and 3 slices of Canarian Island Avocado which is not similar to Hass Mexican Avocado .. ( It is slightly nutty and firmer and the avocado exterior is smooth and a bright Grass Green Color verses winkled Black Green .. A drizzle of Italian Evoo + a splash of Champagne Vinegar .. )..

My husband had his with some Smoked Salmon ..

View attachment 13702

@morning glory & @Kake Lover

It is a lovely salad and very versatile ..

Have a nice day and Thank you ..

I don't know if recipe is on box. It might be. I can supply a recipe if you can find suet! Vegan suet is made from palm and sunflower oil. I've used both kinds of suet interchangeably and can barely tell the difference. Maybe the beef one has a little more flavour. What is great about suet pastry is that it is almost effortless - no rubbing in or a
Spreadable chorizo, it has the concistancy of a course pate.

Sobresada is Mallorcan, Pimentón de La Vera Smoked Paprika, Chili Pepper cured sausage which is exported as a "spread" or dip or " terrine " or paté and it is not velvety smooth ..

This porc ( sausage ) paté or spread is quite historical and is prepared with left over cuts of porc from the "slaughter " ( La Matanza di Cerdo ) ..

Last edited:
Prawn and spicy mayonnaise sarnie (a little messy).

animation-vs.gif

prawn mayonaise sarnie s.jpg

The pics are awesome. I must learn how to flip them like that!

I had a huge cook up yesterday.

A pot of beef & black bean chilli
2 large chooks poached in broth with ginger & garlic etc.
2 trays of beef enchiladas
A massive bacon, zucchini & kale frittata
A roasted beetroot, brown lentil, kale, rocket, baby spinach, feta & walnut salad with a balsamic dressing.
A roast rolled pork.

All in an effort to save my sanity with this new timetable.

Last night I used one of the chooks for Hainanese chicken rice - using the poaching broth for the rice and using a 2:1 mix of brown & white rice. I cook the Brown for 20 minutes then add the white rice.

Served with iceberg & cucumber plus a spicy chilli & soy sauce mix topped with toasted mixed sesame seeds.

F609813F-C6ED-4EA7-B81F-33A9315763F0.jpeg

Last night I used one of the chooks for Hainanese chicken rice - using the poaching broth for the rice and using a 2:1 mix of brown & white rice. I cook the Brown for 20 minutes then add the white rice.

Served with iceberg & cucumber plus a spicy chilli & soy sauce mix topped with toasted mixed sesame seeds.

This looks great - lovely photo.

The pics are awesome. I must learn how to flip them like that!

I had a huge cook up yesterday.

A pot of beef & black bean chilli
2 large chooks poached in broth with ginger & garlic etc.
2 trays of beef enchiladas
A massive bacon, zucchini & kale frittata
A roasted beetroot, brown lentil, kale, rocket, baby spinach, feta & walnut salad with a balsamic dressing.
A roast rolled pork.

All in an effort to save my sanity with this new timetable.

View attachment 13767

:hungry:

IMG_1163.JPG

It's day 1 of International Burger Week*! Here's my first entry: The Greek Burger, consisting of a chuck & brisket patty, caramelized red unions, kalamata olives, and skordalia (garlic paste). Unlike the usual take on a "Greek" burger, I didn't feel obligated to use feta cheese, which I find a bit intense to have with the beef. International Burger Week was supposed to start last week, but was derailed by illness on the part of the cook.

* = in my kitchen

Back
Top Bottom