What did you cook/eat today (February 2018)?

Hi MypinchofItaly.
Gratin savoyard (at least my version) is essentially scalloped potatoes, but with beef stock.
Butter a glass/ceramic baking dish, crush one clove of garlic & spread it around the butter.
Layer thinly sliced peeled potatoes with a bit of grated Swiss cheese, dash black pepper & tiny specks of butter & repeat.
Finally top with more Swiss & specks of butter & add boiling beef stock to ~ 1/2 depth of the potato layer, microwave entire dish ~2 minutes (to pre-heat) & bake ~340-350F until top is browned ~30-50 minutes.

thank you very much, the word savoyard had a little displaced me. Your recipe looks interesting!

Black Venus rice with sauteèd vegetables
Venus rice with sauteed vegetables.jpg

IMG_1164.JPG

It's day 2 of International Burger Week*! Here's my next entry: The English Breakfast Burger, consisting of a chuck & brisket patty, bacon, tomatoes, mushroom caps, and a glorious fried egg on top (and no...I had no plans for beans on this sandwich!). I pan cooked the mushrooms and tomato in the bacon grease for some extra flavor. Once the yolk gets broken, the carnage begins...and it's so, so good. I will definitely make this one again.

* = in my kitchen

View attachment 13800

It's day 2 of International Burger Week*! Here's my next entry: The English Breakfast Burger, consisting of a chuck & brisket patty, bacon, tomatoes, mushroom caps, and a glorious fried egg on top (and no...I had no plans for beans on this sandwich!). I pan cooked the mushrooms and tomato in the bacon grease for some extra flavor. Once the yolk gets broken, the carnage begins...and it's so, so good. I will definitely make this one again.

* = in my kitchen

Giant!

View attachment 13800

It's day 2 of International Burger Week*! Here's my next entry: The English Breakfast Burger, consisting of a chuck & brisket patty, bacon, tomatoes, mushroom caps, and a Are you eating all these burgerglorious fried egg on top (and no...I had no plans for beans on this sandwich!). I pan cooked the mushrooms and tomato in the bacon grease for some extra flavor. Once the yolk gets broken, the carnage begins...and it's so, so good. I will definitely make this one again.

* = in my kitchen

Should have included black pudding! :laugh: Are you eating all these burgers yourself? If so, you will start to look like a burger by the end of the week!

Should have included black pudding! :laugh: Are you eating all these burgers yourself? If so, you will start to look like a burger by the end of the week!
It's a risk I'm willing to take!

Hmm...I'll have to order some black pudding sometime and see how that would work. I'd guess it would replace the patty (or require an anaconda-style unhinging of my jawbone to eat it on top of everything else).

I didn't take a picture, but we had a very lovely meal last night. It was a butternut squash puree with onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, and Parm R cheese, layered with rigatoni, topped with more cheese, baked until bubbling and starting to brown on top, then finished with a toasted chopped walnut, fresh basil, olive oil mixture.

I didn't take a picture, but we had a very lovely meal last night. It was a butternut squash puree with onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, and Parm R cheese, layered with rigatoni, topped with more cheese, baked until bubbling and starting to brown on top, then finished with a toasted chopped walnut, fresh basil, olive oil mixture.

Sounds good!

The words say it all! :hungry:

Today is Saint Valentine´s so we have a lunch reservation at our fave Japanese Restaurant in Barcelona and shall be sharing a Nigriri & Sashimi Boat ..

Tonight we shall go to a fave Tapas Bar, quite well known for a Tapas Tasting ..

Have a lovely Saint Valentine´s ..

Husband managed to get gluten poisoned last night in our own home. We are a gluten free house and our friends usually buy gluten free jaffa cakes when they visit. Not this time! But we did not check. So I have made chicken broth with carrot, leek, turmeric, ginger, chilli, rocket, rice noodles. He is feeling better by time after contamination and with soup. His condition us an allergy not a digestive system problem so spices work well.

Back
Top Bottom