What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

What's the verdict?

The taste is as good (if not better*) as the Aussie burgers sold in Makro but the facts are:

Makro Aussie burger - 120 gms - ฿42.50.

New Aussie burger - 180 gms - ฿50.00.

(* It's not easy to be precise with all those chillis in there)

Fresh spinach and ricotta + butter and sage = Gnudi toscani!

We were supposed to have crab cakes last night to finish out our weekly menu, but Craig decided he wanted Mexican, so we made the long drive up to our favorite place. I had my usual of a mojito made with tequila instead of rum. Craig had some Modelo on draft. House made guacamole for an appy, plus the free salsa, mild and hot. Chicken enchiladas for dinner, Verde, the sauce was delish, for me and with a Tulum sauce, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and chipotle, though he said there wasn't much chipotle, for Craig. A great meal as usual.

We were supposed to have crab cakes last night to finish out our weekly menu, but Craig decided he wanted Mexican, so we made the long drive up to our favorite place. I had my usual of a mojito made with tequila instead of rum. Craig had some Modelo on draft. House made guacamole for an appy, plus the free salsa, mild and hot. Chicken enchiladas for dinner, Verde, the sauce was delish, for me and with a Tulum sauce, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and chipotle, though he said there wasn't much chipotle, for Craig. A great meal as usual.

Mojito, oh I just love it! Never had it with tequila, sounds quite interesting

Yesterday afternoon sitting at work I text' BFF - "I'm a mess, my house is a mess, Grab yours hubs, come over for cocktails and let's get real messy" and so the evening proceeded. Threw together Layered nachos, meatballs with gravy and mashed taters, cocktail of choice was my version of a Dark and Stormy - Kraken Black Spiced Rum, Absolut Vanilla Vodka (equal amounts to fill 3/4of glass) splash of ginger beer, splash of club soda and garnish with lime wedge and piece of candied ginger. It was a great night - lots of laughs.

No pics of food - could have been one too many dark & stormies. Just threw together a layer of Tostitos chips on a baking sheet, seasoned and cooked ground beef over top, layer of shredded cheese, another layer of Tostitos,meat and cheese topped with fresh diced yellow sweet pepper and Vidalia onions then bake for 15 minutes at 350. So simple but good snack for Cocktails. Because we all like varying degrees of "hotness" a bottle of Pete's Hot sauce, store bought salsa, store bought queso and sour cream as condiments.

Meatballs were equal parts of ground beef and pork, cubed bread soaked in cream, garlic powder, grated parmesan, Lawry's seasoned salt and worchestire sauce. Pan fried, made pan gravy and then cheated on taters and heated up a couple of containers of Bob Evan's mashed potatoes.

Yes, we are all fatter for it and probably have a little extra cholesterol this morning but, all in all, a great way to spend a cold snowy Friday night. 😃😝

Special, I really like chickpea salad. Did you fry chickpeas in olive oil?

Is that mayo or greek yogurt? Or neither?
Yes, the chickpeas were rolled in cumin, cardamom, allspice, and salt, then fried a bit in olive oil, and that's plain Greek yogurt dolloped on. The veggies were tossed in a lemon vinaigrette.

Back
Top Bottom