What did you cook/eat today (January 2020)?

Chicken fried pork steak and mashies with gravy, plus corn and mirliton/chayote vege dish.

Finally got around to the Christmas pudding. I didn't realize the light color of the pud on the box was the result of some kind of edible gold flake, I thought it was a light-colored outer cake or cookie shell.

Either way, it was fine, though the port filling left a bit to be desired.

Finally got around to the Christmas pudding. I didn't realize the light color of the pud on the box was the result of some kind of edible gold flake, I thought it was a light-colored outer cake or cookie shell.

Either way, it was fine, though the port filling left a bit to be desired.

You can add it to the Xmas tree next year too!

I thought it was only us Brits that put breaded fish in a sandwich (in our case 'fish fingers'). Do you get fish fingers in the States?
Yes, absolutely, though we call them fish sticks. Generally considered kiddie food and a staple of school lunches during my 1970's youth (every Friday was Fish Stick Friday).

Fish sandwiches are common enough here. Most fast food places have them (McDonald's Filet-O-Fish and Burger King's Big Fish, for example).

What I have above is a square fish filet, cut in half to fit into a hot dog bun. Fish sticks would have worked just as well. Gorton's and Mrs. Paul's are two national brands, and they sell a lot of square filets, designed for buns/bread, and "premium" ones that kinda, sorta look like a corporate version of a proper fish filet (more rectangular and pointy at one end).

Yes, absolutely, though we call them fish sticks. Generally considered kiddie food and a staple of school lunches during my 1970's youth (every Friday was Fish Stick Friday).

Fish sandwiches are common enough here. Most fast food places have them (McDonald's Filet-O-Fish and Burger King's Big Fish, for example).

What I have above is a square fish filet, cut in half to fit into a hot dog bun. Fish sticks would have worked just as well. Gorton's and Mrs. Paul's are two national brands, and they sell a lot of square filets, designed for buns/bread, and "premium" ones that kinda, sorta look like a corporate version of a proper fish filet (more rectangular and pointy at one end).

Still trying to find what "ocean white fish" and "perch" are when it comes to "Fish Sticks" :eek:

Back
Top Bottom