What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Went into the city to have dinner with two of my kids..Chinese, as usual....here is a fellar that went well with ginger and scallions...he didn't seem too pleased...
aE04HMf.jpg

Ooh, Lobster Cantonese?

I haven't had that in ages.

Wow, very nice, Ken.

And Mypinch. Those mussels look so fresh.

We had my son's rugby team's end-of-season bbq today, so lunch was burgers and dogs, sides of mac-n-cheese, baked beans, and Margherita salad (tomato, fresh mozz, basil, evoo and vinegar).

My dinner tonight is courtesy of our air control operations department due to the broadcast of the Tony Awards.
Chicken Milanese, Salsiccia e Pepperoni, and Ziti al forno (chicken cutlets with lemon and herbs, sausage and peppers, and baked ziti).

How do I follow an act like that, @Yorky?

We were supposed to have panzanella, a variation of Ina Garten's recipe. However, we needed to drop my car off for a recall job, and passed one of our favorite clam shacks on the way. We ended up sharing a clam strip dinner, plus small side extras of clam strips and onion rings. Neither of those sides was small. I think we have as much in leftovers as the two of us shared tonight...

Wow, very nice, Ken.

And Mypinch. Those mussels look so fresh.

We had my son's rugby team's end-of-season bbq today, so lunch was burgers and dogs, sides of mac-n-cheese, baked beans, and Margherita salad (tomato, fresh mozz, basil, evoo and vinegar).

My dinner tonight is courtesy of our air control operations department due to the broadcast of the Tony Awards.
Chicken Milanese, Salsiccia e Pepperoni, and Ziti al forno (chicken cutlets with lemon and herbs, sausage and peppers, and baked ziti).

Uh ziti al forno! I love them and baked pasta generally. And good also for the rest of dinner! Chicken milanese, i.e. Cotoletta, is very good with lemon and herbs

Well, I’m afraid there are no photographs – there just wasn’t the right opportunity to dive in and take them, but I had a fabulous tea tonight, cooked by my wife. She did pan fried sea bass – and she does pan fried sea bass bellissimo! She accompanied it with butternut squash, instead of potato, and with kale. And in the kale she had done chopped onion, tomato and peppers. And, to go with it she had got a white Rioja. What can I say? I know, wine on a Monday, hopelessly decadent. All my efforts yesterday to establish myself as a closet revolutionary completely undermined. Oh, but it was good.

Funny.....have a good friend who likes her hot dogs exactly as in the pic !

She would say your burner is just fine ! LOL

Well, I’m afraid there are no photographs – there just wasn’t the right opportunity to dive in and take them, but I had a fabulous tea tonight, cooked by my wife. She did pan fried sea bass – and she does pan fried sea bass bellissimo! She accompanied it with butternut squash, instead of potato, and with kale. And in the kale she had done chopped onion, tomato and peppers. And, to go with it she had got a white Rioja. What can I say? I know, wine on a Monday, hopelessly decadent. All my efforts yesterday to establish myself as a closet revolutionary completely undermined. Oh, but it was good.

Fried sea bass bellissimo e buonissimo ☺

Pork chops, cauliflower and who knows.
If who is here, who can please tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom