What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i hope you enjoyed yourself here...i used to work at Queen Margaret's University with the security team and when our own students went home during the summer break we had a load of young Italian school children staying in the accommodation it was for most of them their first time in Edinburgh and they loved it

Stuffed peppers - stuffed with minced beef and beans for the meat eaters and Quorn mince and beans for the vegetarian. This is partially cooked - the peppers had mozarella melted over the top before serving. You will have to imagine that. The vegetarian version is at the bottom of the photo.

20170612_164218.jpg

Last edited:
Well dinner is Hawaiian pork chops in the slow cooker and whatever can be microwaved. The pump went out on my AC, it is 102 outside, 90 inside so there is no way I am turning on my stove.

It wasn't the pump. It was the switch that controls the pump. Hubby rewired it when he got home and we are now back to cool. Just have to unplug the pump when we aren't using the air conditioner.

Tagine using leftover roast mutton from Sunday. Apart from the usual ingredients it was a chance use up oddments from the fridge. Served with wholewheat couscous.

Stuffed peppers - stuffed with minced beef and beans for the meat eaters and Quorn mince and beans for the vegetarian. This is partially cooked - the peppers had mozarella melted over the top before serving. You will have to imagine that. The vegetarian version is at the bottom of the photo.

View attachment 7943

Your stuffed peppers look very greedy and healthy! Sometimes I also make them with minced meat and rice.

Hi i hope you enjoyed yourself here...i used to work at Queen Margaret's University with the security team and when our own students went home during the summer break we had a load of young Italian school children staying in the accommodation it was for most of them their first time in Edinburgh and they loved it

I really enjoyed my self there, it was the first time. It was a very nice trip in Edinburgh , amazing city, and the weather was very good, good food and people very friendly. Yes I can say I'd like to come back in Edinburgh!
I'm not a student anymore...but like Italian students, I loved it.

Your stuffed peppers look very greedy and healthy! Sometimes I also make them with minced meat and rice.

I made one with chili con carne some time ago. I was not impressed and in the end ate the chili and binned 75% of the pepper.

chili in capsicum.jpg

...The pump went out on my AC, it is 102 outside, 90 inside...
...It was the switch that controls the pump. Hubby rewired it when he got home and we are now back to cool..
Glad to hear you are cooling your heels and all the rest of you, too. Our condenser outside makes a gurgling noise when it's low on Freon. Not bad, but I can hear it a little when the unit runs. I think I need to call our A/C guy to give it a booster shot.

.......................................................................................................
Now on to supper. Hot here, too, (93), so we had Panzanella. Not an authentic recipe, but a very tasty meal.

20170612_221857.jpg

Glad to hear you are cooling your heels and all the rest of you, too. Our condenser outside makes a gurgling noise when it's low on Freon. Not bad, but I can hear it a little when the unit runs. I think I need to call our A/C guy to give it a booster shot.

We use ours for about 3 months of the year but only for a few hours/day. The filters are cleaned every month or so during that period and we get the maintenance guys in once/year during the dry (cool) season to conduct a full service. The cost for the service is Bht 400.00 per unit (Bht 700.00 for two). Currently 1 US$ = Bht 34.00). Freon, if required, is extra.

We use the same guy for annual furnace check-up every fall, and any A/C calls for cooling. Last time he had to do an A/C service he charged us $35 for the call and didn't bother charging for the little bit of Freon he needed. It pays to maintain a good relationship with a mechanic. I suppose having coffee ready when he shows up and giving him fresh-baked scones didn't hurt, either.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom