What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was wrong with it?

Just tasteless really. The chili was OK.

One image only of the mustard beans today. The card reader in the camera went dicky. I'll need to inspect it closely in the morning. The camera does not have wi-fi so the card(s) are in and out many times. Reading up on it, it may be a tiny piece of broken plastic in the card slot.

sausage mustard beans s.jpg

Glad to hear you are cooling your heels and all the rest of you, too. Our condenser outside makes a gurgling noise when it's low on Freon. Not bad, but I can hear it a little when the unit runs. I think I need to call our A/C guy to give it a booster shot.

.......................................................................................................
Now on to supper. Hot here, too, (93), so we had Panzanella. Not an authentic recipe, but a very tasty meal.

View attachment 7959
We have an evaporative cooler not a central air unit. So no Freon. No, we can't get the house below about 75 in the summer, but the difference is in the electric bill. Most people around here either have Central air or refrigerated window units. Their electric bills start at $100 and go up. Many are $200 or more. Ours runs about $60.
No clue on dinner yet.

Looks succulent!
I was pleased with it. I made the tomato sauce the day before, with some smoked paprika to give it, well, smokiness. It certainly improved for spending a day in the fridge and mellowing.
Something new on the plate for me too, pickled shallots - I mixed half a cup of cider vinegar and a teaspoon of suger before adding sliced banans shallots and letting them marinade for half an hour. When I served I just squeezed them out and scattered over the salad. Very nice, I will certainly be doing them again.

I sorry but my boys are too quiet for me but after 3 hours in the oven my pork loan with a garlic and rosemary rub for dinner came out so good. My food doesn't last long in my house to get any kind of picture when all I have is 4 boys that eat like an army.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom