What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had muesli with home made yoghurt, and toast for breakfast on Tuesday. The postman came a bit early, so I chose Eggs Kejriwal from my new cookery book for lunch - it's really a breakfast dish, but who cares?! I had broccoli and cauliflower in a mustard sauce for dinner, followed by a plate of fresh strawberries; and I've just had a large cup of chocolate, so thick I needed a spoon to finish it (and a hammer and chisel to clean the cup before I put it in the dishwasher :laugh:!

Hubby made tuna fish salad for supper.
The cats enjoyed the liquid off the tuna.

What do you call a fish with two knees?
A two knee fish...

Our cats go berserk for tuna water. I've started buying the cheaper canned tuna recently so as to be able to share it with them. The fancier canned tuna is so dry.

Oddly enough, I find I like the flavor of the cheaper tuna better. It's more moist, so you don't have to add very much mayo to it.

I grilled some chicken breasts tonight while my wife made herb roasted fingerlings, and steamed cauliflower.

Pics aren't very good because I had to snap them before all of the food was gone.

0613171800_HDR.jpg

0613171800b_HDR.jpg

What do you call a fish with two knees?
A two knee fish...

Our cats go berserk for tuna water. I've started buying the cheaper canned tuna recently so as to be able to share it with them. The fancier canned tuna is so dry.

Oddly enough, I find I like the flavor of the cheaper tuna better. It's more moist, so you don't have to add very much mayo to it.
Yes, this is the cheap stuff.

...Pics aren't very good because I had to snap them before all of the food was gone....
That's the price you pay when feeding a teen-aged boy who plays sports. Double-whammy on the food budget.

I was too hungry to even think of pictures. You all have an idea of the types of salads I make by now. This one was a bed of romaine topped with black and green olives, raw mushrooms, English cucumber and tomatoes. We also had shrimp po'boy sandwiches on brioche rolls. I seasoned the shrimp with a heavy hand, so hubby chilled a couple of beer in the freezer to chill our pipes: he's having Smithwick's while I'm enjoying a bottle from our favorite brewer back in OH.

Except I'd just have the salad, and give the mutt and the cats the whole tin of tuna :laugh:. I'm sure it was lovely, though. I really miss not being able to eat tuna any more.
Let me post the recipe. It isn't tuna fish on a salad.

Anyway, here are the ingredients which will go into today's laarb.

My wife was upset that I didn't add the "Laarb Seasoning" that she bought specially. I've just now found the packet with the ingredients listed: roasted rice; chili powder; salt; sugar (I didn't include that); fish sauce powder; MSG and a few other chemicals that I didn't add.

:banghead:

Wednesday 14th June,

Galician Octopus is on the Carte for 14.30 .. ( I just posted the récipe with photo in Fish & Seafood ) ..

Have a lovely day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom