What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick snap on the tablet...

Dessert... Chocolate raspberry cheesecake brownie

_20170615_135653.JPG

Other bits to follow...

A bit like our tartare sauce, with added bits?
Sorta-kinda, not at all. French dressing usually has something "red" in it, like ketchup. The homemade sauce that the Late Night Gourmet made has chili sauce in it - which, as far as I can tell, is ketchup with sweet pickle relish in it. Neither of those would be allowed to taint my Reuben sandwich, though. We're more of a spicy horseradish-mustard sauce type family when it comes to Reubens and many other sandwiches.

View attachment 8035

When I cook, I almost always make things difficult for myself. I don't do this because I enjoy pain, but rather because I can always see a better outcome when I put in the extra effort. In this case, though, I may have gone too far. Observe how a simple idea went horribly, wonderfully wrong...
Personally, I think I'm leaning more toward the "horribly". Chicken nuggets on a Reuben? WHY??? I'm guessing this is some sort of Michigan thing...

20170614_204503.jpg

We were going to have sauteed Italian sausage-pepper-onions on a bed of polenta for supper...until I came home from appointments and realized the package of sausage I was looking for in the refrigerator was still in the freezer. :facepalm:Plan B was "breakfast-for-supper" anyway. We shared a mushroom omelet with chervil and colby-jack cheese, home fries, and slices of ham. I grabbed the last slab of Sally Lunn bread for toast, while hubby had the rest of the peasant bread that was leftover from the panzanella. The sausage in currently defrosting in the refrigerator. :cool:

Getting pretty cold here so penne arrabiata - with bacon & black olives plus a big salad with goats cheese & walnuts.

Earlier today I had a duck pilaf with brown rice & quinoa that I made on Monday, but enough to feed an army.

Getting pretty cold here so penne arrabiata - with bacon & black olives plus a big salad with goats cheese & walnuts.

Earlier today I had a duck pilaf with brown rice & quinoa that I made on Monday, but enough to feed an army.

Duck pilaf? I think you will need to start posting some recipes! :D

We were going to have sauteed Italian sausage-pepper-onions on a bed of polenta for supper...until I came home from appointments and realized the package of sausage I was looking for in the refrigerator was still in the freezer. :facepalm:Plan B was "breakfast-for-supper" anyway. We shared a mushroom omelet with chervil and colby-jack cheese, home fries, and slices of ham. I grabbed the last slab of Sally Lunn bread for toast, while hubby had the rest of the peasant bread that was leftover from the panzanella. The sausage in currently defrosting in the refrigerator. :cool:
Breakfast for dinner! Yes! This reminds me, despite what I usually make, that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. :hungry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom