What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_2947.JPG

Homemade lightly curried vegetable bungit soup (onion, carrots, squash, cauliflower and yellow split pea) with curried fried tofu (Chinese style - medium tofu, fried in enough oil to almost cover the tofu completely. It's the tofu that is squidgy when you pick it up with chops sticks).

I'm spending a few days by the coast in Ramsgate so seafood! Here was lunch today:

Oysters to start for me followed by Moules Marinières:

fullsizeoutput_2f28.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2f2a.jpeg

And my friend had Crab with potato salad followed by fish pie (maybe a mistake as it was potatoes twice!):

fullsizeoutput_2f2c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2f2e.jpeg

The restaurant is out on a pier and this is the view looking at Ramsgate from where I was sitting:

fullsizeoutput_2f30.jpeg

I'm spending a few days by the coast in Ramsgate so seafood! ..
The restaurant is out on a pier and this is the view looking at Ramsgate from where I was sitting:

View attachment 14978

Looks lovely. We tried to go there once but it was closed so we had a light lunch of crab from the seafood stall washed down with a pint of the local beer.

I'm spending a few days by the coast in Ramsgate so seafood! Here was lunch today:

View attachment 14977

View attachment 14980

And my friend had Crab with potato salad followed by fish pie (maybe a mistake as it was potatoes twice!):

View attachment 14976

View attachment 14979

View attachment 14978
***WHIMPER***

View attachment 14977

View attachment 14980

View attachment 14976

View attachment 14979

View attachment 14978

I never got to rams gate, maybe next time, looks beautiful, and seafood, can't go wrong. We have bluff oysters here from bluff, about 7 hrs south of me at the bottom of the South Island. Nice raw with malt vinegar and pepper.

Russ

Isn't it a pain when you've just got into cooking your tea and a mate calls around for a beer (and you have only enough gammon for yourself!)?

Gammon March s.jpg

Today is my bouncing baby boy's 14th birthday (although, at 178 cm, and 77 kg, I doubt I could bounce him much anymore).

We were going to go out for dinner tonight, but this is the last week of the marking period in school and he has tests all week to study for, so I'm picking up some fish (white tuna, salmon, eel) to make a sashimi appetizer, and lobster tails to go with boiled corn on the cob and redskins for the entree.

I just can't believe how fast time goes when you love being a father. I want to go back in time and do it all over again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom