What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burrata cheese, rocket, tomato and prosciutto with tinned figs and balsamic reduction. I would have used fresh figs but the quality of the ones I can get are dreadful.

20170519_130634.jpg

Last edited:
I've had a salad-y time of it for the last few nights, but I have to tell you I have eaten very well. After the chicken and Greek salad on Wednesday, last night, my wife made one of her omelettes and served it with the left over Greek salad. I just haven't got the words to tell you how good it was. What did she tell me was in the omelette? Onion, tomato, peppers and mushrooms. But undoubtedly, and I'm going to go all Masterchef on you here, she seasoned it perfectly. Tonight, she cooked for me grilled salmon, which she covers in black pepper, and let me tell you it smelled wonderful while it was cooking, and served it with Jersey Royals and another salad she had put together that was just magnificent. What was that expression about the way to a man's heart?

We had it with a Rioja that's a great favourite of ours. And yes, generally I would prefer a white with Salmon and salad but it worked very well. (I have had some excellent white Riojas in the past, but the white Riojas currently in Asda are not very good). You know, just sometimes, life's not too bad...

I've had a salad-y time of it for the last few nights, but I have to tell you I have eaten very well. After the chicken and Greek salad on Wednesday, last night, my wife made one of her omelettes and served it with the left over Greek salad. I just haven't got the words to tell you how good it was. What did she tell me was in the omelette? Onion, tomato, peppers and mushrooms. But undoubtedly, and I'm going to go all Masterchef on you here, she seasoned it perfectly. Tonight, she cooked for me grilled salmon, which she covers in black pepper, and let me tell you it smelled wonderful while it was cooking, and served it with Jersey Royals and another salad she had put together that was just magnificent. What was that expression about the way to a man's heart?

We had it with a Rioja that's a great favourite of ours. And yes, generally I would prefer a white with Salmon and salad but it worked very well. (I have had some excellent white Riojas in the past, but the white Riojas currently in Asda are not very good). You know, just sometimes, life's not too bad...

It all sounds excellent! Jersey Royals are such a treat. I got some from Saffron Walden market earlier this week (I'm staying with my friend here). They had lots of mud round them which I swear makes them taste better!

I had grilled mackerel fillets, potato rosti (I parbaked the potato yesterday) and steamed purple broccoli.

I find partially cooked potato makes a better rosti - more successfully and with a better flavour. I dislike the process/waste of grating raw potato and dispensing of its water content - also I find it is more difficult to evenly cook.

That sounds like baking bread to me, Cin! It's also how I do it...

You must be farther away from the nearest chicken plant than I am...
Honey, we're far away from everything. Or at least that's how it seems! Seriously, though, I have no idea where the nearest chicken processing plant is. Hmm, we have a half-acre lot. Maybe I should grow my own. *shudder* If we did, all I'd be able to eat would be the girls' eggs...

That sounds like baking bread to me, Cin! It's also how I do it...

Honey, we're far away from everything. Or at least that's how it seems! Seriously, though, I have no idea where the nearest chicken processing plant is. Hmm, we have a half-acre lot. Maybe I should grow my own. *shudder* If we did, all I'd be able to eat would be the girls' eggs...
I understand that one. We are 200 miles from the nearest city of any size. 300 miles from DFW, 450 from Houston. Now we are in the land of dinosaur farts.

I understand that one. We are 200 miles from the nearest city of any size. 300 miles from DFW, 450 from Houston. Now we are in the land of dinosaur farts.
I'm curious....did you choose to live there? If so, what was the attraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom