What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's lunch was pizza in an organic pizzeria with my
M:love:M
20170520_125510.jpg

Last edited:
Today will be something with ground beef and potatoes.
I have 12 more potatoes I need to use.

I know you know! :happy: I wasn't so much replying to you but adding to your post, for information. @epicuric mentioned earlier that a cheap supermarket chicken was battery raised which is not the case (either here or in the USA).
Sorry - the way you had replied, below my response looked like you were replying to me not everyone in general... I usually try to separate the two to make it clearer....
meat birds are never caged... only ever barn raised (40,000 birds to a typical 15x150m barn and its not the nice picturesque concept of a barn, but steel and easy to clean and disinfect... as you know) or free range, barn with access to daylight and outside for 25% of the time and slightly fewer birds per barn... or organic which is actually the best of the option nowadays, and they have the most freedom, grow closer to natural circumstances and have fewer birds per square meter.

Here in Australia on eggs and meat, some of the producers (mostly with eggs) actually state the maximum number of birds per hectare (2.5 acres roughly) often with no more than 800 birds per hectare which is amazingly few per acre when you think about it. 2 of my rescue birds (now deceased) were birds from a free range commercial enterprise and there were thousands of birds in that small field (she actually boasted this when we were talking with her - something like 1,500 birds per 1/2 acre! We just wanted to get them away from there as quickly as possible).

Today's lunch was pizza in an organic pizzeria with my
M:love:M
View attachment 7150
that looks wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom