What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baked Portobello mushrooms with blue cheese, caramelised onions and pink peppercorns:

20170520_140954.jpg

20170520_210926.jpg
20170520_214027.jpg

I did my Polish-American version of a Caprese Salad - it has to have lettuce! I topped Romaine with fairly decent mozzarella, not-bad tomato, and excellent fresh basil plucked from the plant on my windowsill. We also had Italian sausage sandwiches with sauteed peppers, sweet onion, and Marinara sauce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry - the way you had replied, below my response looked like you were replying to me not everyone in general... I usually try to separate the two to make it clearer....
meat birds are never caged... only ever barn raised (40,000 birds to a typical 15x150m barn and its not the nice picturesque concept of a barn, but steel and easy to clean and disinfect... as you know) or free range, barn with access to daylight and outside for 25% of the time and slightly fewer birds per barn... or organic which is actually the best of the option nowadays, and they have the most freedom, grow closer to natural circumstances and have fewer birds per square meter.

Here in Australia on eggs and meat, some of the producers (mostly with eggs) actually state the maximum number of birds per hectare (2.5 acres roughly) often with no more than 800 birds per hectare which is amazingly few per acre when you think about it. 2 of my rescue birds (now deceased) were birds from a free range commercial enterprise and there were thousands of birds in that small field (she actually boasted this when we were talking with her - something like 1,500 birds per 1/2 acre! We just wanted to get them away from there as quickly as possible).

that looks wonderful!

Yes, very good. I had a whole flour pizza with tunafish in water (not in olive oil)...not bad. My Mom's pizza was gluten free and with aubergine's slices..very very good.

I simply fried them in the pan and served them shell and head on as part of a 'bIts and pieces' meal - with lots of dips and salads and home-made bread. My last night here with my friend: - sorry a bad photo taken in poor tungsten light:

Some of the salads/vegetable pickles in the meal above (charred pickled peppers, charred cucumber pickle, purple potato salad with capers and skyr):

I love that kind of meal, lots of different interesting things to sample - charcuterie of a kind, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom