What did you cook/eat today (November 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
food has been a touch of a mishap this week. I have been busy with hospital appointments, chooks that are sitting on eggs, chicks without mums, and finally a chook with chicks... so it has been a case of omelettes and soups. The soup was meant to be garlic tomato and despite having 8 cloves of garlic in it, neither myself nor my husband can taste any garlic. but it is a very nice tomato soup. Last night was tomato soup with 2 eggs poached in the soup, and then some fruit salad (mango, kiwi, red grapes, pomegranate and finally red grapefruit) served with coconut yoghurt. I'll try for some photos tonight if I remember

I started a Peking Duck on Saturday and cooked it last night. Tasted great, but it was a bit rubbery...here is some Cantonese Chow Mien I made also..

The first (and last) time I cooked a duck it was crispy duck with flour tortillas, plum sauce and grass. The duck took 10 hours (4 to marinate, 6 to cook) and we obtained sufficient meat for two tortillas!

Steak this evening with roast spuds and onions, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, peas and English mustard.

cut 1 s.jpg

served 2 s.jpg

A long day so has a chippy tea (at 9pm). Not as good as usual but hit the spot after 10 hours of not eating and running around doing urgent chores.

Had bread and 'butter' with it. And a can of pop.

Chippy teas have a valuable place in my culinary calendar.

A long day so has a chippy tea (at 9pm). Not as good as usual but hit the spot after 10 hours of not eating and running around doing urgent chores.

Had bread and 'butter' with it. And a can of pop.

Chippy teas have a valuable place in my culinary calendar.
Same here, usually when I'm tired. I often have a dry fried egg with the chips too, but no pop

For some reason tonight, I felt absolutely starving, so I had Bombay potatoes (recipe courtesy of @Yorky, but with extra chilli), quick black eye bean curry, parsnip cakes fried with a little turmeric in the oil, and steamed rice, followed by a nice, juicy apple. The potatoes were hot, the beans not quite so hot, the cakes sweet, and the rice plain.

Black Eyed Bean Curry and Parsnip Cakes.jpg

For some reason tonight, I felt absolutely starving, so I had Bombay potatoes (recipe courtesy of @Yorky, but with extra chilli), quick black eye bean curry, parsnip cakes fried with a little turmeric in the oil, and steamed rice, followed by a nice, juicy apple. The potatoes were hot, the beans not quite so hot, the cakes sweet, and the rice plain.

View attachment 11715
A vegan feast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom