What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commenting on my own dish, the stew was really tasty. I love hominy, but rarely eat it, just because it's not the kind of thing I think of every day (possibly due to it always being on the bottom shelf of the grocery store, so you have to already know you want it, instead of just happening upon it).

Anyway, the hominy gives this a quite strong corn tortilla or tortilla chip flavor that works perfectly with the chili powder, smoked paprika (which I cut by 2/3rds), and bell peppers. Very simple stew, but very satisfying.

Dinner tonight was risotto with Savoy cabbage and roasted tomatoes. This is the first time I've ever had risotto, let alone made it.

View attachment 34480

Braised oxtail over french fries. I know it sounds odd, but this is what the recipe we always use for oxtail calls for. We usually serve over mashies, but thought we'd give the fries a try. It was different, but I think we prefer the mashies.

View attachment 34339

I can relate to your dilemma! Crunchy fries or creamy mash, either one is a winner with braised oxtail :thumbsup:

Stuffed a pork loin roast with apples, pecans, bread pieces and ginger. Made a glaze out of bourbon, honey and orange juice. No specific recipe - just fooling around. Turned out pretty good - hubby was wrinkling his nose while I was preparing but ended up eating two portions and even commented "very good".

The top right are 3 of the pigs in blankets I made. The largest 1 is before I realized I needdd to roll the dough put thinner. There was our homemade mustard and s slice of colby cheese, besides the all beef hot dog inside. Side was coleslaw.

Top left pain au chocolate logs, 4. The bottom is, obviously, small croissaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom