What did you cook/eat today (September 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch was ham, eggs and chips. Hubby's favourite lunch.

hamandeggs.jpg

...How do you prepare your devilled eggs?
Well, there IS mayonnaise, and usually salt and pepper. After that, it depends on my mood. Last night I used yellow mustard, a few dashes of tabasco sauce, a few shakes of sweet paprika, and Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning blend. Other times I'll add a generous amount of Dijon mustard to the mayo and fresh chives. I've been known to do it with fresh dill weed. I've even used bits of crumbled bacon with something peppery. I normally dust them with just a touch of sweet paprika. It all depends on my mood, what else I'm cooking, and what I have on hand. I really wanted chives in them last night...

View attachment 10612

When it comes to food, I always fall for a pretty face, and I can't think of anything prettier than this Roasted Purple Yam Soup I made last night. This orange circles are blops of habanero jelly (I'll post the recipe soon). There's a shrimp at the top of the bowl, and the edge of two shiitake mushroom slices peeking out nearby. Very tasty, and very spicy (even without the habanero jelly).

Color enhancement courtesy of @morning glory. :okay:

This is such an interesting recipe. I love the way you invent! :D I'm going to do a take on this with purple potatoes. Well, I happen to have some in the fridge...

I can get away with a 50:50 mix of potato & cauli but that's as good as it gets.

Though all of us now eat roasted cauli florets and I made a roast on Sunday with no potatoes which would normally be unthinkable.

Roasted cauliflower is a good thing. Oh yes...

Last nights meal was Mexican shredded pork & a yummy salsa that included pan roasted corn & pepitas along with tomato, onion & avocado. Plus tortilla, grated cheddar & sour cream.

Tonight I want to make a couple of salads to go with cold roast lamb. Not completely sure what will happen yet.

Using up the figs acquired for the Grilled Figs with Crispy Bacon and Mint Sugar recipe. Here they are sliced across in rounds, grilled with balsamic and served with basil, feta, crispy bacon and mint sugar, plus a drizzle of olive oil. I was really just using up leftovers and TBH I think its over complicated. The original is better.

20170925_130602.jpg

...Though all of us now eat roasted cauli florets and I made a roast on Sunday with no potatoes which would normally be unthinkable.
My Mom was way ahead of time. She never liked cauliflower, but made it when we had beef roasts. While the rest of us happily ate it with just a bit of butter on it, Mom covered hers with beef gravy! :giggle: It's actually very good that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom