What did you cook/eat today (September 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We worked some leftovers tonight. I finished up the tuna salad in a flatbread, rolled up with romaine lettuce and thin sliced tomato. We each had a salad, but mine was bigger since it was the main part of my meal. @jennyb, this is as messy as I could make my salad tonight. :wink:

20170926_205949.jpg

Pork souvlaki, Greek salad,
Beautiful! And, I did just make tzatziki sauce last night, so something like this would be perfect. @Francesca and @morning glory: I decided to make it with yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, vinegar, cucumber, and mint, and I really liked it. The mint is a lot more subtle than I expected (I used 10 leaves for about 12 ounces, which seemed like a lot going in). I think the mint works well with the cucumber as a cooling element. And, no, I'm not entering it in the Challenge, since I didn't think of it! :chef:

Beautiful! And, I did just make tzatziki sauce last night, so something like this would be perfect. @Francesca and @morning glory: I decided to make it with yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, vinegar, cucumber, and mint, and I really liked it. The mint is a lot more subtle than I expected (I used 10 leaves for about 12 ounces, which seemed like a lot going in). I think the mint works well with the cucumber as a cooling element. And, no, I'm not entering it in the Challenge, since I didn't think of it! :chef:

@The Late Night Gourmet,

Wonderful news ! I am sure it was lovely .. Definitely refreshing !

Pleased to hear ..

Have a nice nice day ..

We worked some leftovers tonight. I finished up the tuna salad in a flatbread, rolled up with romaine lettuce and thin sliced tomato. We each had a salad, but mine was bigger since it was the main part of my meal. @jennyb, this is as messy as I could make my salad tonight. :wink:

View attachment 10619

@Lynne Guinne

Lovely salad ..

Have a nice day ahead ..

When I saw your previous fig recipe, I thought, I really need to buy some figs. Now, I'm sure of it. I've never used figs as anything other than a snack...they're perfect as-is. But, after seeing your last two plates. I do want to see what I can do with them.

Glad to have inspired! :happy: TBH the figs we get in the UK (generally) are not worth eating as is. They need pimping up!

IMG_0911.JPG

This is how my roasted purple yam soup should have looked: I boiled 4 ears of corn, then forgot to add it to the recipe! So much better with the corn. And, yes, this is really the color...it's quite a dark purple now that I see it under bright office lighting. My son got excited when he saw me with it yesterday, since he thought it was chocolate. When I told him what it really was, he immediately lost interest. :laugh:

View attachment 10626

This is how my roasted purple yam soup should have looked: I boiled 4 ears of corn, then forgot to add it to the recipe! So much better with the corn. And, yes, this is really the color...it's quite a dark purple now that I see it under bright office lighting. My son got excited when he saw me with it yesterday, since he thought it was chocolate. When I told him what it really was, he immediately lost interest. :laugh:

That is really quite a different colour! For me personally I prefer it without the corn (I'm not a great fan of corn). But I'm now puzzled about the colour as it does indeed look brown not purple!

For lunch today a favourite thing of mine: Egg en Cocotte. Its so incredibly easy to do, versatile and looks so pretty. In this version I used, greek yoghurt, a drizzle of Marmite, dried tarragon and chilli flakes and once it was cooked, a sprinkle of black lava salt.

Prior to cooking - the cocotte in the Bain Marie:

20170927_141214.jpg

As it came out of the oven 18 mins later:

20170927_143618.jpg

And with the yolk broken and black lava salt:

20170927_143743.jpg

View attachment 10619

:laugh: Looks lovely and still neater than mine!

Ive just put all the stuff for beef korma in the slow cooker. It won't be fabulous but by Thursday night I just want something easy that's got a decent amount of veg in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom