What did you cook/eat today (September 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have lunch with colleagues to an Indian restaurant...I'm happy for this because it's a very long time I haven't Indian cuisine and I like it very much.

I would be interested to hear what kind of food was served, In the UK we have many Indian restaurants - in Maidstone alone there are probably 7 or 8 to choose. from!

We don't have any Indian restaurants here in Nakhorn Nowhere. Bangkok and Chonburi areas have a lot I understand.

The chicken & corn soup was finally eaten

IMG_6584.JPG

Yes. Yes that is a tiny plate of coriander leaves snipped off my pot of baby coriander plants and served separately so the 2 males don't collapse under the onslaught of the dreaded weed. LOL..

My version of a Thai Beef Salad
IMG_6580.JPG

Chicken & corn soup, Thai beef salad & garlic bread.
IMG_6588.JPG

We went out again tonight, this time after an art demonstration. Back to the Irish pub we were at a week ago, this time I had a fried fish sandwich with coleslaw and Tater Tots. Ditched the bread, ate half the fish, left most of the Tater Tots and coleslaw. It was good, and came home with us, but I guess it was a mistake to order two appetizers for a table of four. The apps were yummy: Irish Egg Rolls, and Spuds. The egg rolls were filled with shredded corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese. The Spuds were their version of baked potato skins: a potato skin base with shredded corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese. Hmm, I seem to see a pattern here.

BTW, our son had a corned beef sandwich (again with that corned beef! :laugh: ) while his friend and my hubby had fish dinners. Not exactly the sort of meal everyone wishes they could take a taste of another's choice.

Yes. Yes that is a tiny plate of coriander leaves snipped off my pot of baby coriander plants and served separately so the 2 males don't collapse under the onslaught of the dreaded weed. LOL..

I have same issue with my son. He is one of the genetically challenged 'it tastes like soap' brigade.

Your food looks simply great. I'm not keen on corn but I'd try your soup!

I would be interested to hear what kind of food was served, In the UK we have many Indian restaurants - in Maidstone alone there are probably 7 or 8 to choose. from!

In Milano there are several Indian restaurants. Yesterday we went in the oldest Indian restaurant in Milano..really good. I've eaten Bhaji (Mixed fried vegetables in chick peas batter) as starter, Malai Tikka, pickled chicken marinated in cream and coconut flour, as main course. I digested everything. Securely I'll come back there on the weekend with husband and friends.

We went to a family restaurant in our old home town to meet with friends we haven't seen in a while. Hubby had a patty melt (beef burger on rye bread with sauteed onions and Swiss cheese, grilled) and french fries/chips. I had a roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy, mixed fresh veggies, a bowl of homemade chicken soup, and a small serving of rice pudding with a bit of whipped cream - all for $7.99 US (about 6 pounds British). That is ridiculously inexpensive, and the food was amazingly good.

We ARE going to need to diet when we finally get home!

That's v cheap Lynne. Wow.

We had crispy baked smashed jacket potatoes, fish fingers, frozen pizzas & salad.

I have kids here that don't eat spice or much of anything really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom