What did you cook or eat today (April 2020)?

Last nights efforts.

Due to my injuries I enlisted my 16yo to help in the kitchen yesterday. We made a big pot of tomato pasta sauce & bottled most of it. We made a bolognese which will become lasagna today and he wanted Swedish meatballs for tea but was too lazy to roll them the correct size so maybe they’d be better called Swedish Rissoles. 😂

23 pieces from a kilogram of 50:50 minced beef & pork.

Then the lad had to clean the kitchen. Including that stovetop and back splash. Im
certain he is gaining an appreciation of all that his parents do around here now that he’s acting as our hands. He’s doing a great job. 🙂

Leftovers - lentil soup, spaghetti squash and chicken.
Spoke to middle sister. Niece is finally able to get off of an all liquid diet and begin incorporating pureed foods.
I made a double batch of lentil soup in anticipation of this. I have what I need to make a black bean soup. I have a large chicken in the freezer. Maybe have G air fry in his Big Easy cooker. That would be good pureed and the carcass used for chicken and celery
So back to cooking for the next day or two.

Never heard that one - maybe its a Channel Island thing? 'Sarnies' is the one I know. And then there are 'sammies' which I think is also Brit slang originally.

I Googled it (Dougaled in our family) and according to the results I got it's Australian slang, so don't know how we got to use it. Quite a few Channel Islanders emigrated to Australia on the back of the housing boom when the value of their properties tripled in a matter of years. Quite a few returned so maybe they brought it back with them.

I Googled it (Dougaled in our family) and according to the results I got it's Australian slang, so don't know how we got to use it. Quite a few Channel Islanders emigrated to Australia on the back of the housing boom when the value of their properties tripled in a matter of years. Quite a few returned so maybe they brought it back with them.

Thanks - I'm fascinated by etymology.

Never heard that one - maybe its a Channel Island thing? 'Sarnies' is the one I know. And then there are 'sammies' which I think is also Brit slang originally.
The first time I ever heard "sammies" was from Rachel Ray, probably 25 years ago or more, one of her common phrases ("stoup") that makes you either love her or want to throw her in a wood-chipper. 🤨

Back
Top Bottom