What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A light, summery seafood medley for tea.

I made a big, overstuffed omelette with sauteed peppers, red onion, mushroom, ham, boursin cheese, American cheese, and cheddar. I was a little disappointed because it was just a tad browned on top, but really not to the point of being able to taste it. I absolutely detest the slightest bit of browning on eggs. It was delicious!

No, a good one is excellent. We like the Itsu brand duck bao that you find in the freezer section of most supermarkets.

These are available - but they are all pre-filled with stuff it seems. I'm sure the filling tastes fine but I want to know what the bao bun tastes of. Do you recommend I buy one of these?

These are available - but they are all pre-filled with stuff it seems. I'm sure the filling tastes fine but I want to know what the bao bun tastes of. Do you recommend I buy one of these?

View attachment 84185
We like the hoisin duck. If you just want to buy bao buns and fill them yourself then M&S do them. The bun itself doesn't taste of much - but then neither does white bread.

We like the hoisin duck. If you just want to buy bao buns and fill them yourself then M&S do them. The bun itself doesn't taste of much - but then neither does white bread.

Oh - I understand now. I'm not that keen on Hoisin duck as it tastes sort of artificial and too sweet for me. Ocado, despite stocking M&S ,don't stock their bao buns, otherwise I would have ordered them to try. I'm still not physically going into supermarkets so can't check my local M&S.

GF gave me an early birthday present so I could get the whole season out of it. Took
it for it’s maiden voyage today. It wasn’t a total disaster. I found my dough to be a bit dense. I tried a three day technique started with something called a poolish. Sort of like a sour dough starter. Made 4, 8 ounce balls. So, I made four different pies. Most of it is in the fridge for tomorrow.

GF gave me an early birthday present so I could get the whole season out of it. Took
it for it’s maiden voyage today. It wasn’t a total disaster. I found my dough to be a bit dense. I tried a three day technique started with something called a poolish. Sort of like a sour dough starter. Made 4, 8 ounce balls. So, I made four different pies. Most of it is in the fridge for tomorrow. View attachment 84199View attachment 84200
You're spoiled! I want one too :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom