What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chick Pea stew.

That is the last of it..Took me over a week and 5 different meals to eat it all..that is before I put the lid on..looks a lot different now
Yeah, that's why I tend to only mix it in when it's in my bowl unless I only have a 2 serving size pan I'm reheating in.

Yeah, that's why I tend to only mix it in when it's in my bowl unless I only have a 2 serving size pan I'm reheating in.
At this point I just want to get it into me...It's not very crispy any more

At this point I just want to get it into me...It's not very crispy any more
Understood. I am sure it still tastes good.

I have figured out my phobia with some vegetables--I had grandparents and a mother who boiled everything (canned or fresh) until it was almost a pasty mush. I am guessing they wanted to make sure pathogens were dead, but I am supposing that a lot of nutrients ended up dead, too. At any rate, it's that gross mushy texture for some vegetables that is cringeworthy to me.

I had grandparents and a mother who boiled everything (canned or fresh) until it was almost a pasty mush. I am guessing they wanted to make sure pathogens were dead, but I am supposing that a lot of nutrients ended up dead, too. At any rate, it's that gross mushy texture for some vegetables that is cringeworthy to me.

It's a generational thing. My mom did the same thing, and usually started with canned veggies, which are mushy to begin with. The worst was asparagus. I hated asparagus until I went to college, and had fresh, steamed asparagus at a Dallas restaurant. It was a food epiphany.

CD

It's a generational thing. My mom did the same thing, and usually started with canned veggies, which are mushy to begin with. The worst was asparagus. I hated asparagus until I went to college, and had fresh, steamed asparagus at a Dallas restaurant. It was a food epiphany.

CD
Yeah, I didn't mind it in a can...I just loved asparagus in any form, but now, I prefer fresh always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom