What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, look, soup... New England Vegetable Chowder again... yummy still though.

I’ve just watched your video, great Carbonara!
Sorry I should have said to you how to pronounce Guanciale.. the GU it’s a guttural sound “ Ghuan-cha-le” .
However, I liked how you pronounced it, sounded funny 🙂..
So you didn’t cut the Guanciale rind? Oh I do that every time.
I usually add plenty of black pepper, just to be sure to drink plenty of wine afterwards 😂
Well done, mate 👍🏻
Thanks so much for that, and for letting me "pinch" your recipe. I think in the course of that video, I pronounce guanciale about seven different ways. Haha...

Speaking of guanciale, I do have quite a lot of it left over. The recipe only used 80gms, and I bought 400. 🙂
So I think I'll be attempting a few more classics....maybe "amatriciana" soon. I assume it (guanciale) keeps ok in the fridge...or should I freeze it till ready to use?

Afternoon tea, yum ❤

Lovely spread, but those ' scones ' were cupcakes! I let it slide though, didn't want to spoil my friends fun because she loves the place. It was all very tasty regardless.

Rich and flavorful cream of tomato soup

Tuna & brie sandwiches.

Berry cheesecake. There also was apple pie and coffee cake, but I didn't eat those because I was full.

The ' scones ' were also served with whipped cream.. but I said nothing.

It was a wonderful time!

I am munching now on some leftover pork ribs from several days ago (2 ribs). It's pretty much a "clean out the refrigerator" day!

Last edited:
As we were away for Easter this year we didn't get our celebration meal, so I did it tonight.

Chorizo and pepper, cheese and ham toastie, Thai sweet chilli prawns

Wild garlic soup, our first harvest from the garden

My favourite treat, beef cheeks

I think Lu liked it, plates were licked.

Eton Mess profiteroles to finish ( shop bought)

It is indeed a half-order of loaded (potato) chips.
Were they as good as they looked? I do love "frips" (fresh fried potato chips), but I have had them before where they were fried in advance and had lost their crispness. I have never had them loaded, it's a great idea, so similar to nachos without the Tex-Mex twist. Clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom