What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple fare today. Roast potatoes and cauliflower with a beef burger.

And for later, some orange cream puffs.

Dinner with the bro and BIL tonight. We went to a pub called "The Dirty Habit" - a 14th century inn on the Pilgrims Way (think - Canterbury Tales). Last time I was there must have been almost 50 years ago.

I know it well! I once did a walk there (its on the Pilgrim's Way') and got totally drenched to the skin by an unexpected summer thunderstorm. After I dried off a bit, any food they offered was welcome but I can't recall what I ate. You really should try that other pub in Hollingbourne too.

I know it well! I once did a walk there (its on the Pilgrim's Way') and got totally drenched to the skin by an unexpected summer thunderstorm. After I dried off a bit, any food they offered was welcome but I can't recall what I ate. You really should try that other pub in Hollingbourne too
I wrote a tripadvisor review for it, and said I hadn´t been there for over 45 years. Absolutely true: but when I was a teenager, we´d walk up to the Pilgrim´s Way from Bearsted to Thurnham, then along the way to Hollingbourne, and a pint in the Dirty Habit ( then known as the Pilgrim´s Rest). We knew ALL the pubs within a 15 mile radius of Bearsted!!

No, I got a coney dog minus the coney, and some fries with a side of sour cream, which I then poured hot sauce into.

I’m the one guy who goes to Skykine…to not eat Skyline. :laugh:
I actually love chili cheese dogs with onions and mustard. Gut bombs, LOL. And the hot dog has to be practically burned.

We ate the last of our homemade Cheese Raviolis back in January I think it was, and kept meaning to make more.
I had purchased a bunch of fresh Flat Leaf Parsley a little bit ago for a recipe and figured we needed to make Ravs.

IMG_1578.JPG

I got 69 of the little buggers and 2 servings of Fettucini as well.

IMG_1580.JPG

DH's plate of a "bakers dozen" dressed in Olive Oil, fresh Oregano & Basil, grated Grana, some freshly ground Black Pepper and Anchovy Fillets.

IMG_1581.JPG

I was feeling greedy and put far too much Pesto on my plate.
Some Bread and Wine rounded it all out.... for me, DH had Water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom