What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never been much of a baker. I LOVE The Great British Bake-off. Hats off to those that can do it.

I love it too, also the Italian version 🙂
I’m just an amateur baker of course, it’s lot of fun to mix, knead, balance ingredients and experimenting.
This sponge cake is very simple, I was quite happy with it.

Stewed Roman artichokes stuffed with minced garlic, mint and parsley

DH has been saying for probably a week or more that he really wanted to go to our local Asian Bistro for linner (late lunch/early dinner).
If you arrive before 3pm, they offer their Lunch Specials M-F, it's alot of food at a reduced price.
<edit - I forgot to say that each of our meals came with a bowl of Miso Soup AND a very nice Green Salad>

IMG_1572.JPG

LOADS of food!
We probably brought home half of this ... we shared.
On the table was also an Iced Tea and A Kirin Ichiban Beer.
*belch*
I'm stuffed!
Just a moment ago DH asked, "Sooooo ... what's for dinner?"
:wacky:
Whatever you can find Dear...

'Business Set Lunch (with wine pairing :) )' - forgot to take a photo of the appetizer (62C Egg with Parmesan Fondue and Truffle) so here's an internet photo of it. It was nice, but the parmesan was a bit too dominant:

tablescape-620c-egg-asparagus.jpg

Main was braised beef cheek (I didn't think the presentation was that great tbh, but it tasted OK, plus it was a tiny - just 3 or 4 forkfuls):

IMG_2898.JPG

Champagne Gel with Mascarpone and Berries. Now this was a surprise - although I didn't taste any champagne in the jelly. It was light and refreshing and I ate it all despite not really having much of a sweet tooth:

IMG_2899.JPG

After lunch, my colleague and I wandered back to the office and passed by this place which is new, so I had a try:

IMG_2894.JPG

The lady took two or three small green lemon segments and macerated them with a pestle a bit (presumably the 'punching'):

IMG_2895.JPG

Then it was topped up with iced tea and a shot of some syrup which I presume was just some sugar water:

IMG_2896.JPG

This joke took me a while to get. 'Limau' is Malay for Lemon, and I suppose it's a pun on 'LMAO' :)

IMG_2897.JPG

It was nice and refreshing.

DH has been saying for probably a week or more that he really wanted to go to our local Asian Bistro for linner (late lunch/early dinner).
If you arrive before 3pm, they offer their Lunch Specials M-F, it's alot of food at a reduced price.
<edit - I forgot to say that each of our meals came with a bowl of Miso Soup AND a very nice Green Salad>

View attachment 84407

LOADS of food!
We probably brought home half of this ... we shared.
On the table was also an Iced Tea and A Kirin Ichiban Beer.
*belch*
I'm stuffed!
Just a moment ago DH asked, "Sooooo ... what's for dinner?"
:wacky:
Whatever you can find Dear...
Oh yum that looks fantastic!

Dinner with the bro and BIL tonight. We went to a pub called "The Dirty Habit" - a 14th century inn on the Pilgrims Way (think - Canterbury Tales). Last time I was there must have been almost 50 years ago.
Tasteful decor, taking into account the age of the place, but these days, more of a restaurant and less a pub.
BIL´s ribeye was perfect, according to him, and our fish was delicious. A chocolate mint tart and some tasty mango sorbet for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom