What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh btw - yes there are over 1000 Japanese restaurants in Singapore. Quite a lot for a small city.
I am guessing it's like a hub and a melting pot for various Asian cuisines, much like Hawaii is? Fantastic!

I am guessing it's like a hub and a melting pot for various Asian cuisines, much like Hawaii is? Fantastic!

Yes absolutely - that's a very good way to put it. Pretty much all the Asian cuisines have converged here and it has a bit of everything else as well - a true food paradise.

signpost-640x640.jpg

Yes absolutely - that's a very good way to put it. Pretty much all the Asian cuisines have converged here and it has a bit of everything else as well - a true food paradise.

View attachment 84301
OMG I am drooling!

Also thinking that the locale is so flipping gorgeous in weather and scenery...wow.

OMG I am drooling!

Also thinking that the locale is so flipping gorgeous in weather and scenery...wow.

Singapore is very urban (the entire country is basically one big island city) and has been dolled up with trees and parks - and while it's attractive, I wouldn't call it scenic and it's fairly flat. It's also exceedingly hot at times (so most of the time you're inside an air-conditioned building). However, it's at the heart of South East Asia, so is a stone's throw from some very gorgeous places with true scenery - Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia are very near neighbours (all with amazing food!) and then northwards Japan, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan, etc. To the east, ANZ, to the west India, Sri Lanka...

To stay on topic, while I haven't gone full Anthony Bourdain, I have been fortunate to travel to all those places and eat some pretty exotic stuff.

I also bottled the pear cider vinegar yesterday and have been watching the 'mother' settle and am rather surprised at the volume of it to be honest!

They are 750ml bottles, not yet sealed because it still needs to breathe.

I noticed this post from TastyReuben while I had these cooking in a crockpot. Collectively, you can refer to us as TastyRibs.

I prepared mine similarly to his, in a crockpot. Then, I transferred them to a baking sheet. I decided to cut them at the individual pieces this time, rather than leave them 2-bone pieces. that’s the last time I do that, because some of them kept falling over when I put them on the sheet:

Then, I brushed them with barbecue sauce

After a few minutes under the broiler, I had a nicely glazed surface on the ribs:

I would show you what remained after dinner, but there’s no point in taking a picture of an empty pan.

I noticed this post from TastyReuben while I had these cooking in a crockpot. Collectively, you can refer to us as TastyRibs.

I prepared mine similarly to his, in a crockpot. Then, I transferred them to a baking sheet. I decided to cut them at the individual pieces this time, rather than leave them 2-bone pieces. that’s the last time I do that, because some of them kept falling over when I put them on the sheet:

View attachment 84332

Then, I brushed them with barbecue sauce

View attachment 84331

After a few minutes under the broiler, I had a nicely glazed surface on the ribs:

View attachment 84333

I would show you what remained after dinner, but there’s no point in taking a picture of an empty pan.
I really like the idea of finishing them under the broiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom