What did you cook or eat today (April 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tendon is the fibrous sinew that attaches muscle to bone. When we for example prep the hanger steaks it needs to be detached from the tendons and I keep all the scrap meat and tendons and use these scraps to fortify and enhance our beef stock in the process of making a sauce for beef on the menu. Basically just onion, garlic, tomato, herbs, wine sauteed along with the scraps then beef stock is added and reduced. The reduction takes a few hrs and transforms the tendons into unctuous gelatinous morsels that staff in the kitchen fight over. cheers

Tendon is the fibrous sinew that attaches muscle to bone. When we for example prep the hanger steaks it needs to be detached from the tendons and I keep all the scrap meat and tendons and use these scraps to fortify and enhance our beef stock in the process of making a sauce for beef on the menu. Basically just onion, garlic, tomato, herbs, wine sauteed along with the scraps then beef stock is added and reduced. The reduction takes a few hrs and transforms the tendons into unctuous gelatinous morsels that staff in the kitchen fight over. cheers
But that's not what vernplum was eating. I know what tendon is, I have them in my body, LOL! Also, you may not know this, but I was a massage therapist for over 10 years before I got married, so I am familar with tendons in that respect as well.

If you read the link I put in my post above, you will see that it is a Japanese dish. They call it tendon because it's a combination of tempura and donburi. Hey, I didn't know either, until karadekoolaid pointed it out. I had to google it.

Last edited:
If you read the link I put in my post above, you will see that it is a Japanese dish. They call it tendon because it's a combination of tempura and donburi. Hey, I didn't know either, until @karadekoolaid pointed it out. I had to google it.

That's right:

In essence, tendon — short for tempura-donburi — is a one-bowl meal of fluffy rice that's topped with a serving of fried vegetables, meat and/or seafood and is usually served with a drizzle of light soy sauce dressing.

But that's not what vernplum was eating. I know what tendon is, I have them in my body, LOL! Also, you may not know this, but I was a massage therapist for over 10 years before I got married, so I am familar with tendons in that respect as well.

If you read the link I put in my post above, you will see that it is a Japanese dish. They call it tendon because it's a combination of tempura and donburi. Hey, I didn't know either, until karadekoolaid pointed it out. I had to google it.
Right, so shrimp, got it. Love shrimp as well. Cheers.

Right, so shrimp, got it. Love shrimp as well. Cheers.
Uhhhh, LOL...yeah sometimes shrimp, sometimes other seafood, vegetables, or meat. But what he was eating looked like shrimp, yeah. I too love shrimp. And I love tempura fried foods as well.

IMG_1565.JPG

Linner (late lunch/early dinner) for DH.

And for moi:
King ranch chicken

Oh and we each had the last of the Chocolate Kahlua Cake that I had hidden away in the deep freeze.

More of a what we will be eating later picture. Taken for MG whilst the chowder is cold. That's 2 portions there because I picked up the wrong size bowl... :whistling:

But between you and I, I'm not certain it looks any better than the version taken on my dirty cushion lol.
Never had you down as a clam chowder gal.?

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom