What did you cook or eat today (April 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant! Just the thing for an Indian meal!
You have no idea how much the grandkids love it including tamarind. I dont know too many kids that do?
They have tastes I never had.
3 took leftovers of chicken and rice.
Daughter sent me a pic earlier of mr 10. Eating butter chicken at 11 am this morning.

Russ

received_796830648275751.jpeg

This is called ‘Lo Bak Go’ - in English language menus it will appear as ‘turnip cake’ or ‘carrot cake’ (even though it’s made with daikon radish):

The first stage is a steamed cake (mixture of boiled shredded daikon, a rice flour/cornstarch mixture and various chopped and fried goodies such as ham, dried prawn, shiitake, spring onion):
IMG_9161.jpeg

You can eat it right away if you like but it’s nicer fried…
IMG_9164.jpeg

…and served with XO sauce:
IMG_9165.jpeg

Friends we hadn't seen for over 18 months came round for a Sunday BBQ. The cut of beef on the grill is called a "Punta Trasera" in Venezuela; "Picanha" in Brazil , and is an absolute favourite over here. Also on the grill are "Morcilla" (black pudding or blood sausage) and "Chistorra" or "Xistorra", a spicy Basque sausage which grills beautifully. Potatoes were sliced thin, layered and baked with cream, roasted garlic and truffle oil.
Lousy photos of course because I was trying to take pics and serve food at the same time!
Parrilla 230423.jpg
Punta trasera 230423.jpg
Potatoes 230424.jpg
Xistorra & Morcilla 230423.jpg

Friends we hadn't seen for over 18 months came round for a Sunday BBQ. The cut of beef on the grill is called a "Punta Trasera" in Venezuela; "Picanha" in Brazil , and is an absolute favourite over here. Also on the grill are "Morcilla" (black pudding or blood sausage) and "Chistorra" or "Xistorra", a spicy Basque sausage which grills beautifully. Potatoes were sliced thin, layered and baked with cream, roasted garlic and truffle oil.
Lousy photos of course because I was trying to take pics and serve food at the same time!View attachment 99138View attachment 99139View attachment 99140View attachment 99141

Darn it, I must have missed the invite! Looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom