What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that please?
IMG_7986.jpeg
IMG_7988.jpeg

Condiment (and dressing, I suppose) for muffuletta sandwiches. medtran49 has posted an excellent recipe for both the specialty bread and the filling, and I’m pretty sure I made mine based on that:

https://www.cookingbites.com/thread...-eat-today-may-2021.21506/page-34#post-260360

That’s mine. I can’t find medtran’s, probably because there are 19 accepted ways to spell “muffuletta,” and I know only 18. :wink:

There was a lot left of the Sunday gravy I made a while back. So, I defrosted it today, and sliced up the meatballs and sausages, and shredded the beef from the braciole, and made 3 separate subs with each of the meats, with provolone, mozzarella and ParmR cheese. I had 1/2 of the meatball and sausage subs, and Craig ate the rest.

There's still some meatball and braciole meat so guess I'll make a baked pasta dish.

Most days, I deliberately make a third portion of a meal to share with my Mother. I know that she'll eat anything that I make over the supermarket frozen commercial meals.

IMG_3825.JPG

An extra Banger from brunch today, some Mash and Peas, one of her favorite meals.

6th day in a row as a London Tourist Guide :laugh: :laugh:
Yesterday it was one of my wife's nieces who wanted to go on the London Eye. Off we trudged to Waterloo and, whilst they went round and round on the London Eye, I found a nice pub and had a pint!
From there we walked over to the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, through St James' Park, across Trafalgar Square and along the Strand...The two boys (both 10 yrs old) were looking for a shop called "American Candy" ( which I'm sure TastyReuben would love!). We stopped at an old pub next to the Savoy Hotel, called "The Coal Hole". That's because it used to be the place where they stored all the coal to heat the Hotel. Then into the 10 yr olds' dream shop, filled from top to bottom with sweets, chocolate bars, gummy bears and crisps. A stroll through Covent Garden and every one was hungry, so we ended up in my favourite place to eat: Masala Zone!

So Masala Zone is one of 5 restaurants in London, with authentic Indian food. Yesterday we had a feast
To start with, Gol Gappas - crispy shells of fried semolina flour, filled with potato and chickpeas, with a coriander/mint sauce. Kolkata Lamb "chop"- minced, spiced lamb with potatoes and spices, covered with a chickpea batter and rolled in thin vermicelli, then deep-fried. Served with a spicy tomato sauce. We also had "Chicken 65" - deep-fried, breaded tenders with a mango sauce.
Masala Zone Sunday 1.jpg
Masala Zone Sunday 2.jpg

Then we moved on to Butter Chicken, Bihari Fish Curry, Lamb Sheek Kababs and Spicy prawns, accompanied by Basmati rice, Black Mung dal, cabbage and peas and 3 chutneys / pickles. Washed down with a Masala Zone IPA.
Masala Zone Sunday 4.jpg
Masala Zone Sunday 5.jpg
Masala Zone Sunday 3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom