What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Lunch yesterday was that lovely sliced Italian bread from Walmart, yes, you heard me right, WALMART!
IMG_3849.JPG

Ham & Swiss with spicy brown mustard for DH and Bologna with American cheese for Moi
YUM!

We did a takeout mystery shop last night. Fried pickles, ribeye steak, and mashed potatoes with white country-style gravy. I also made some broccoli and cheese sauce (not pictured). We split the steak and still had some left. I'll make hubby steak and eggs for breakfast.
20240418_181249.jpg

Scalloped potato and pork chop casserole was the first dish my mother ever cooked for my father, waaaaay back in the dark ages when they were dating!

It's one of Craig's favorite meals and we haven't had it in forever. He introduced it to me way back when. He did the bulk of the cooking and prep, though I had to walk him through how to make it as he wasn't clear on the details. I also sliced the potatoes on the mandolin as I just don't trust him to use it without getting cut. I did make the vegetables.

It came out really good. Pork chops nice and tender.

DW came up with a internet recipe for "smashed potatoes"
uhmmm, this is my idea of smashed potato:
IMG_0054.JPG

this recipe - it is superbly delicious, highly recommended - but I'd label it more as
"lumpy mashed potatoes"

Smashed Potatoes

as I was broiling pork chops, which require minute-by-minute attention . . .
I did the keep in oven route
this is the colded leftovers, for reference
1713547463818.jpeg

more lumpy mashed than smashed, next go I'll start with less liquid
but this is a killer recipe!

So we were at bunnings yesterday ( kinda like wal mart) theres a taco bell beside them. We got the combo box $15.95 because we didn't know what they are like?? Took our grandson through a few months ago but we had nothing.
Chicken taco beef taco 2 lots of fries.
Dont get the cinnamon things??
On a whole very good.
I'm making for family dinner tomorrow night.
Pics tomorrow .

Russ

IMG_3854.JPG

Took Mom out to lunch, somewhere she had never been and DH & I hadn't been in years.
THE best burger! (in the area)
☝️ this is mine, pickles, caramelized onions and mushrooms, AH YUM!!!
- No pics of the other two as the savages attacked their meals as they hit the table 🤓 Mom have her's all down the front of her and in her lap - oh well - I just handled her more napkins 🤪 -
No need for any condiments, just a juicy hunk-o-meat with add-ons and lovely bun.
No Fries/Chips, a local draught Beer (not pictured) instead.
Surprisingly, here in Cowboyville Arizona, we've got a bunch of Micro-Breweries and they're delicious!!
Burger `n a Beer - life is good.

Back
Top Bottom