What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our evening meal on the last night 'camping' out was set up to be cooked on our camping stove. But we couldn't find anywhere to camp. The only camp-site we found didn't accept tents and we were in an area without national park campgrounds. So we had no option but to bale to a hotel. The hotel was a workers hotel, with separate apartments but it only had a kettle, toaster and a microwave. Our evening meal needed a major rethink. So we walked to the supermarket and had that rethink and in SandwichShortOfAPicnic style I came up with a microwave meal for 2.

So the microwavable rice had a plant based soup added to it. Hubby found some dumplings in the freezer section that were cook in the microwave and we even found a choice of 2 desserts!

20240418_184606.jpg

20240418_184604.jpg

20240418_184556.jpg

20240418_184602.jpg
20240418_184613.jpg

So the end result was this dish which actually wasn't that bad!
20240418_185934.jpg

We have realised though that we may need to keep something like this handy in the car when we're out, just in case.

That's called "loafing" because they look like a loaf of bread when they do it, and it's the most adorable thing ever. 🥰

Ashs looks like a chubby loaf of rye bread. 😂
I had some Russian blue cats years ago when I was in my 20s. Smart cats but that yowl...

oh wait!
We're talking about what we ate/cooked ...

IMG_3865.JPG

As TastyReuben says, Supper this evening ... Hormel Beef Tips & Gravy over Egg Noodles and large side of steamed-buttered Carrots (sssshhhhhh 🤫 don't tell DH there's butter in there) this was very good, 2 thumbs up.
I'm going back to Fry's aka Kroger's tomorrow to buy more, while it's on sale and stash them in the deep freeze for a lazy day.

Our evening meal on the last night 'camping' out was set up to be cooked on our camping stove. But we couldn't find anywhere to camp. The only camp-site we found didn't accept tents and we were in an area without national park campgrounds. So we had no option but to bale to a hotel. The hotel was a workers hotel, with separate apartments but it only had a kettle, toaster and a microwave. Our evening meal needed a major rethink. So we walked to the supermarket and had that rethink and in SandwichShortOfAPicnic style I came up with a microwave meal for 2.

So the microwavable rice had a plant based soup added to it. Hubby found some dumplings in the freezer section that were cook in the microwave and we even found a choice of 2 desserts!

View attachment 112556
View attachment 112557
View attachment 112559
View attachment 112558View attachment 112560

So the end result was this dish which actually wasn't that bad!
View attachment 112555

We have realised though that we may need to keep something like this handy in the car when we're out, just in case.
Nice work 👌
Back up food is a very handy thing to have. If I haven’t needed it by the last couple of days we’ll eat it anyway (so the dates on whatever I have are always good) and there’s something quite nice about having the food already settled for the last day or two when you’re tired and ready to get back to your own bed.

I didn't really want to go shopping this morning, so I suggested that we used the aubergines in the fridge, along with the pomegranate and I made Rummaniyeh. It was served with some of the purple potatoes I dug up this morning in the veg plot. They were baked in the airfryer for 25 minutes.

20240421_180254.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom