What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really funny because it's supposed to be a Mexican holiday but we gringos in the US celebrate it, Mexicans pretty much don't.

@SandwichShortOfAPicnic

That is unusual, celebrating another country’s holiday that they themselves don’t bother with
It's a holiday taken over by U.S. bars and restaurants within the last 40 years. I know because it wasn't celebrated here when I was younger. May 5 is my birthday. We started going out for dinner on my birthday anywhere BUT a Mexican restaurant in my 20s.

Last edited:
It's a holiday taken over by U.S. bars and restaurants within the last 40 years. I know because it wasn't celebrated here when I was younger. May 5 is my birthday. We started going out for dinner on my birthday anywhere BUT a Mexican restaurant in my 20s.
Nobody really celebrates September 16 though.

Are you doing anything fun for your birthday? I do know where you aren't going now...

Yeah, bring on the margaritas! Only I am not much of a tequila fan. It's quite the rage with younger generations these days though. I will drink frozen margaritas occasionally, but gotta have chips and salsa with it.
Hmm never had a frozen margarita. In fact I don’t even know whats in one which is odd considering how into cocktail making I used to be!

I’ve only just twigged you’re talking about tortilla chips or crisps.
I had a vision of cocktail, fries and salsa, I couldn’t quite get together the image of you with a plate of fries and a cocktail 😂

Nobody really celebrates September 16 though.

Are you doing anything fun for your birthday? I do know where you aren't going now...
I actually had kind of forgotten about it and didn't realize it was so close until Cinco de Mayo was brought up.

Hmm never had a frozen margarita. In fact I don’t even know whats in one which is odd considering how into cocktail making I used to be!

I’ve only just twigged you’re talking about tortilla chips or crisps.
I had a vision of cocktail, fries and salsa, I couldn’t quite get together the image of you with a plate of fries and a cocktail 😂
Crushed ice or ice cubes if you've got a strong blender is mixed with the Margarita mix. It's a slushy drink. You can get all kinds of flavors, regular/original, strawberry, mango, watermelon, peach, pineapple, etc.

Ahhh... the mysteries of language...
Lost in translation

IMG_2167.jpeg

IMG_2168.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom