What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a wooden bowl? I love those, where did you get those? I want to try and get some.
Eish,
I've had it forever.
Bought on the side of the road or a market. It's probably a salad bowl or a fruit bowl.

At home, we also had wooden bowls. They were for the weekend when we could eat in the living room with a plate on our lap.
And for when dad cooked Indonesian.
Those were much bigger than this one though

Some eggs for egg and cress sandwiches later

IMG_2511.jpeg

Used the egg steamer because 18 eggs is too many to fit in the pressure cooker.
Even with my nifty egg peeler thing and using old eggs (went passed their use by date a month ago) they were hard going to peel.
IMG_2518.jpeg

Next time I’ll pressure cook them in two lots, LissaC ’s method in the pressure cooker makes them way way easier to peel.

IMG_2520.jpeg

Egg ready and waiting to be lathered on some nice bread and sprinkled with cress.

@Herbaceous’ Peanut and ginger chicken recipe.
IMG_2524.jpeg

IMG_2526.jpeg

Very nice. Will make it again.
Only problem I had was doubling the chicken doubled the amount of fluid the chicken gave off, so it was a bit runnier than I anticipated.
I used spicy salsa and loved the little bit of heat it gave so I might spice it up a bit more next time.

It was very handy because today is dog grooming day and you can’t stop to cook, well you can but it’s not fair on the dogs, you put them down, they’re happy you’ve finished de-matting them and then you take there happy faces and waggytails and put them back on the grooming table, they have a powerful stink eye!!

@Herbaceous’ Peanut and ginger chicken recipe.
View attachment 112599

View attachment 112600
Very nice. Will make it again.
Only problem I had was doubling the chicken doubled the amount of fluid the chicken gave off, so it was a bit runnier than I anticipated.
I used spicy salsa and loved the little bit of heat it gave so I might spice it up a bit more next time.

It was very handy because today is dog grooming day and you can’t stop to cook, well you can but it’s not fair on the dogs, you put them down, they’re happy you’ve finished de-matting them and then you take there happy faces and waggytails and put them back on the grooming table, they have a powerful stink eye!!
I’m so glad you liked it! It’s one of my favourite slow cooker recipes.

I’m so glad you liked it! It’s one of my favourite slow cooker recipes.
We very much did. I find slow cooker chicken while tender can sometimes be dry where all the fat renders down but I think the peanut butter for the sauce made up for that very well. I’ll defo be doing it again 👍👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom