What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This evenings dinner, rib eye steak, fries and peas. It was served with sauce Diane.

P_20190810_191344.jpg

That's a lot of food... course one would be my limit! Was the sausage good?
Yep. They have maybe 15 kinds of sausage on the buffet, but the weisswurst is served whole and all the others are cut up, more like samples.

All the sausage is locally made.

I left out the last course - cream puffs. I don't like cream puff pastry, but the wife had one.

Meatball fritatta and fruit. Besides meatballs, it had leeks, criminis, garlic, chives, and dollops of feta mixed with cream. It was different, but we both quite liked it.

2019-08-10 17.06.43.jpg

Rice pudding. I did something I frequently do - started out making a 1/2 recipe, then forgot and finished with full amounts of some ingredients, so this pudding is very raisin-y, very cinnamon-y, and very vanilla-y. :laugh:
20DAAB3F-2BD3-4A72-85B6-87D9364A718E.jpeg

It looks delicious. I'm now thinking of making one. It looks as if it has pieces of ham in it.
Yep. This was a gratin where I really did just throw it together, I didn't even arrange the potatoes very much, just tossed them in and shook the pan to level them a bit. The ham went in at the last minute, while I was softening the leeks in a bit of cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom