What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 30562

Had a serving with rice of this very simple, four ingredient, retro slow cooked apricot chicken. Reminds me of growing up in the 70's. As discussed in this thread: https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chicken-liver-pate.15902/

Basically just chicken, onion, a packet of dried French onion soup, and a tin of apricots.

Wow! What a colour! I think the recipe embedded in the chicken liver thread needs pulling out as a new Recipe thread...

That really does look absolutely delicious. Although I have to say I wouldn't be able to eat so much food at one sitting! Home made focaccia?
Thanks! Yes, the bread is leftover from the picnic last week. That's the end of it.

I'm kind of stuck with what to make tonight. I want something a little lighter. Maybe an omelette or a frittata.

Mortadella mini cutlets.
Mortadella fritta.jpg

I'll believe you - and I like the idea of potato-leek gratin so I wish I could see it!
There's one quarter of it left, I'll snap a pic if I can keep MrsTasty from eating it first.

Direct quote from my wife after I handed it to her: "Wow. This is...oh, wow! I think I'm in heaven! Wow...just...wow!"

It was definitely a throw-together meal. I had one leek leftover from something else and just enough potatoes to make the gratin, but I'd already decided on something eggy, so I threw the egg on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom