What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a bowl of red, white, and blue Rice Krispies (bought during July, hence all the food dye) with some raisins added.

BLT and fried potatoes.
E2C190C9-3113-4633-B26B-C8BC3561F07A.jpeg

Crawfish shrimp and cheesy grits. Sharp cheddar in the grits. Red, yellow and green bell peppers, onions, garlic, homemade andouille, bacon, butter and seafood stock, and crawfish obviously.

View attachment 30500

Looks great - did you make stock from the crawfish shells? I mage some prawn stock the other day from the red shrimp shells and heads. Its amazing the depth of flavour that can come from something many folk would throw away.

Looks great - did you make stock from the crawfish shells? I mage some prawn stock the other day from the red shrimp shells and heads. Its amazing the depth of flavour that can come from something many folk would throw away.

No since they were already cooked. We talked about it, but decided they wouldn't give up much flavor, so we bought some seafood stock. Normally though I do use raw shells to make stock.

No since they were already cooked. We talked about it, but decided they wouldn't give up much flavor, so we bought some seafood stock. Normally though I do use raw shells to make stock.

I used the shells and heads of the shrimp cooked 'shell on' in mine and it was great - plenty of flavour. I've done that many times. With lobster and crab too.

Chicken salad using the leftover grilled spatchcocked chicken Craig cooked Sunday. He had his on buns. I had mine on avocado halves.

P1060406fb.jpg

Had a serving with rice of this very simple, four ingredient, retro slow cooked apricot chicken. Reminds me of growing up in the 70's. As discussed in this thread: https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chicken-liver-pate.15902/

Basically just chicken, onion, a packet of dried French onion soup, and a tin of apricots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom