What did you cook or eat today (August 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20190803_180416.jpg

Burger with a homemade burger sauce (mayo, soy sauce, Worcester sauce, garlic, brown sugar, pepper) and steak fries.

I should be more clear - that's straight-up ketchup for the potatoes. The burger sauce is on...wait for it...the burger.
ACAF2688-5EAF-4955-AD3E-3941B2AA50AE.jpeg

Last edited:
A summer brekky here for me today.......in winter. Slice toast with marmalade, pottle of yoghurt, plate corn flakes with mixed fruit and cream. And a cup of earl grey tea. Nice for a change!!

Russ

I had a Mexican Chicken Taco Salad that had Fine Chopped Chicken that was seasoned in Mexican seasoning and sauces and soaked for a day, lettuce, grilled peppers and onions, Guacamole, Sour Cream, and Mexican Blend Cheese. .

Sounds great! Did you use soft or hard taco shells? Corn or flour? When food, meat and poultry get "soaked", it is usually called marinating. I love Mexican food too! We often make our own tortillas and tamales. Have you ever had carnitas?

This morning's breakfast, Denver omelette and home fries. Both were prepared from the cookbook from the TV show America's Test Kitchen.

Their recipes are excellent, very well tested and explained. The one drawback is, they can be rather fussy. Their goal is to make the "best" version of something, so there's a lot of cooking bits separately (so they can be cooked just right) and then combining at the end. That means a lot of dirty dishes. This recipe, for example, used three skillets (one for the potatoes, one for the omelette filling, and one for the eggs).

It looks like the pantry crashed into my plate because sometimes, my omelette manipulation skills are lacking. :)

C22C0A78-AC7C-48BD-9C45-DBA4332AFBBF.jpeg

The picture keeps loading upside down, even though it is right side up in my file?

It often happens (though its not happened to me). There is a reason but I really can't remember why. @epicuric (where are you @epicuric?) was always posting photos upside down.

Anyway, I twizzled it round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom