What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to laugh/smh at MrsTasty during our McD's meal.

She's big on coupons. She loves coupons. I can't be bothered, except for digital ones.

She had three McD's coupons: money off a Big Mac meal, money off a Quarter-Pounder meal, and money off a Filet-O-Fish meal.

MrsT: Which one do you want?

Me: I don't care. You can pick whatever you want. I'll just have one of the burgers.

MrsT: Well, we just had fish, so I could have a burger, but I'm tired of burgers, and I haven't had a McD's fish sandwich in a long time...so you don't want the fish, you're sure?

Me: Yep. I'll have one of the burgers. Doesn't matter which one.

MrsT: OK, I'll have the fish, so which burger for you?

Me: Ummmm...Big Mac. It's a burger. Not much difference.

We get our food. Instead of just digging in, like I do, she starts deconstructing everything, looking for something to complain about. She does this with every restaurant meal. Always has.

Pulls apart the bun, complains about the color of the fish, the amount of tartar sauce, and the lopsided cheese.

"At least the bun's ok," I joked, already half through my Big Mac.

She put it back together, half-heartedly ate everything, then heading back home, she said this:

"I really wanted the Big Mac, but I knew you wanted it, so I took the fish, even though I didn't want it."

🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤨

No matter what I would have picked, she would have found fault with whatever she had, then declared that she really wanted what I had, but she martyred herself for my dining happiness. :laugh:

I had to laugh/smh at MrsTasty during our McD's meal.

She's big on coupons. She loves coupons. I can't be bothered, except for digital ones.

She had three McD's coupons: money off a Big Mac meal, money off a Quarter-Pounder meal, and money off a Filet-O-Fish meal.

MrsT: Which one do you want?

Me: I don't care. You can pick whatever you want. I'll just have one of the burgers.

MrsT: Well, we just had fish, so I could have a burger, but I'm tired of burgers, and I haven't had a McD's fish sandwich in a long time...so you don't want the fish, you're sure?

Me: Yep. I'll have one of the burgers. Doesn't matter which one.

MrsT: OK, I'll have the fish, so which burger for you?

Me: Ummmm...Big Mac. It's a burger. Not much difference.

We get our food. Instead of just digging in, like I do, she starts deconstructing everything, looking for something to complain about. She does this with every restaurant meal. Always has.

Pulls apart the bun, complains about the color of the fish, the amount of tartar sauce, and the lopsided cheese.

"At least the bun's ok," I joked, already half through my Big Mac.

She put it back together, half-heartedly ate everything, then heading back home, she said this:

"I really wanted the Big Mac, but I knew you wanted it, so I took the fish, even though I didn't want it."

🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤨

No matter what I would have picked, she would have found fault with whatever she had, then declared that she really wanted what I had, but she martyred herself for my dining happiness. :laugh:

I know what my wife would order, and she knows mine so no long conversations there. We don't do coupons.

Russ

I feel for you Yurripeans suffering that heat wave. We expect it, every year, so we are at least somewhat prepared. Every home and building is air conditioned, including a lot of places, like many car repair garages, that you might not expect. So, we can stay out of the heat, most of the time.

Stay hydrated, and in the shade as much as possible.

CD

I feel for you Yurripeans suffering that heat wave. We expect it, every year, so we are at least somewhat prepared. Every home and building is air conditioned, including a lot of places, like many car repair garages, that you might not expect. So, we can stay out of the heat, most of the time.

Stay hydrated, and in the shade as much as possible.

CD

We getting in the 30s deg c as well in summer. We have air con at home and our cars. 19 days of winter here then Spring, I love Spring.

Russ

We getting in the 30s deg c as well in summer. We have air con at home and our cars. 19 days of winter here then Spring, I love Spring.

We only have two seasons here. The cool dry season and the hot wet season. However, of late we regularly have cool wet days and hot dry. days. Cool (30°C) and wet is forecast for later today.

Russ

It's 35+ here currently. Has been for the last 3 years with heatwaves. Never happened before on my 33 years on this planet.

I feel for you Yurripeans suffering that heat wave.
No heatwave here just the normal 30/35c with Sunrise05:56Sunset20:01 14 hrs of sun. A heatwave here is 40c +, we had one a few weeks ago. Inland it was 49c in some places.
In the UK when it gets cold pensioners who cannot afford continuous heating go to the Library. Here when it gets hot in the day they go to the air conditioned Malls. Electricity here is a lot cheaper than in the UK, it is half price in the summer period between 22.00 and 08.00 next day. Because I am a UK pensioner I get £200 heating allowance every December. I queried this and was told it was correct and I should use it for aircon. We have a large( appr 90m2) 3 double bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with full aircon and underfloor heating The average yearly bill is around £300/400. From having a house in Dade I know your utilities are cheaper, but this might interest you. Cost of Living Comparison Between Split, Croatia And Miami, FL, United States

Last nights salad.

With the bones and head I’m now making a fish stock for the freezer.
Beautiful plate, in my opinion Bass bits are in my top 3 for stock .There is a subtle difference between stock made from wild cold water Bass and Wild Mediterranean Bass. Give me cold water seafood in general.

Venison loin, with celeriac puree, sautéed leeks, samphire and a port and Stilton sauce.
Bravo .

The dogs mate, never thought of using samphire with meat only seafood. I don't think I can get it here, but in the spring when we nip over to visit a foraging friend on Brac to pick wild asparagus I will show him the picture.

Reminds me of a Perishers strip:

Maisie: Do you want a piece of cake Wellington?
Wellington: Thank you (choosing the largest piece)
Maisie: That's not very polite, choosing the largest piece.
Wellington: What would you have chosen if I had asked you?
Maisie: I would have chosen the smallest piece.
Wellington: Well, you have the smallest piece, what's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom