What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get our food. Instead of just digging in, like I do, she starts deconstructing everything, looking for something to complain about. She does this with every restaurant meal. Always has.
Just like Mrs Blank. We have fun here if we go to a fish restaurant that is not family or friend own. I ask to see the fish platter in English. They think we are tourists. Out comes Metro/ Makro's finest, Mrs Blank can kill a lying waiter from 20 metres with her very fruity Croatian dialect.

We only have two seasons here. The cool dry season and the hot wet season. However, of late we regularly have cool wet days and hot dry. days. Cool (30°C) and wet is forecast for later today.

Yeah I've been to Asia in monsoons, that really is rain!!

Russ

Yep. The heatwave here is already lasting a week and expected to last another, that's why I havent posted much.

Yeah... I'm barely functioning. Just keeping up with reading posts here and a bit of moderation work. Hardly cooking at all except for simple things. Hence my lack of food photos recently.

:heat:

Yeah... I'm barely functioning. Just keeping up with reading posts here and a bit of moderation work. Hardly cooking at all except for simple things. Hence my lack of food photos recently.

:heat:

Today was chicken salad for lunch. I made the chicken for the Recipe challenge but I'm not convinced it tasted much of Tahini. I did take a photo but am too tired and hot download it. :heat: :heat: :heat: Maybe later.

Cold chicken salad sounds good about now. It is 100F/38C here right now. Expecting 101F for the high. I have some leftover BBQ chicken, so I may go with salad this evening.

CD

The new gas bottle was delivered an fitted yesterday. So split lepinje . This is the traditional to put Burgers, Kebabs and Civapi in. Pork escalope. Mushrooms in a cream mustard sauce. Serbian salad. I made the sauce on the grill. I have tried to make Lepinje but getting the pattern is impossible to replicate for me. Also the crust is not crusty, it is quite pliable yet resilient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom