What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yogurt mint chicken with peach pickles and roasted potatoes.

Lady just left that cleaned our oven. $50 for half an hour is good money. She does 4 a day.
So I cooked sausages last night thinking I would use up some left over mash. Stuffed sausages for lunch soon. Tomato/ketchup over the top and reheat in the oven.

I've never had stuffed sausages. I'd never even heard of stuffed sausages before today.

Open faced Lepinje , I put cabbage salad on the Lepinje first the added the Turkey thigh. I dressed the cabbage with smetana. The salad is tomato and avocado. We bought the little peppers empty and Mrs Blank stuffed the with cream cheese spiked with chili sauce. Its still to hot to cook inside

It's pretty much a Greek salad, but in Cyprus it's known as Village salad. The official difference is that Cypriots add caper leaves, but I've never encountered this. Tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce (often shredded cabbage in Cyprus), green peppers, onion, Kalamata olives, a big chunk of Feta (never crumbled) and dressed with olive oil, red wine vinegar and dried oregano.

I’ve just had my coffee and brioche, but I could eat that salad right now. Looks so inviting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom