What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I revised my methodology for last nights rich mans moussaka, I sliced the aubergines thinner and griddled them longer to remove the moisture that made the last one sloppy. It's tooView attachment 44386

View attachment 44387

View attachment 44388

View attachment 44390

hot to cook indoors so I baked it in the weber on the balcony. I added pics of our favorite fruit stall near us. We stocked up yesterday morning.The bananas are the only item that is not local
I'm starting to think that when I want to know what I'll be eating tomorrow, all I have to do is see what Burt Blank ate yesterday.

Mousakka my wife made on Saturday, heated up for supper last night, served with a Greek salad.

all I have to do is see what @Burt Blank ate yesterday.
Thank you mate, I am a bit hamstrung at present because of the low carb diet. Last night we had the left over moussaka cold, with leftover roast chicken and the usual salads. So I will start posting what I dream of cooking and eating. Wild mushroom risotto with good Irish soda. NB I make the risotto using reconstitute dried porcini and top with pan fried mushrooms.

bread

Those noodles look like spaghetti to me
They were German noodles I get from the international market, labeled as soup noodles, and that's what I use them for, usually. The chicken noodle soup I posted a week or so ago had them in it. They're broken up into pieces.

I'd intended to use some thick, heavy Amish noodles, but I was out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom