What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vac packed with a rub of fennel seeds and five spice, in a water bath @80 deg C. It wasn't dry, but not as juicy as usual because the joint was surprisingly lean for a shoulder.

Ah, I didn't think about it being cooked sous vide. The times are longer, and the meat temperature doesn't get as high as with other cooking methods.

I did a beef chuck roast sous vide for about that same amount of time. It came out dry and tough. But, I've slow smoked a chuck roast, and it was dry and tough, too.

I love sous vide, but there is a learning curve if you go beyond the basic steak or pork chop. As far as roasts, I always get good results with pork tenderloin.

CD

Ah, I didn't think about it being cooked sous vide. The times are longer, and the meat temperature doesn't get as high as with other cooking methods.

I did a beef chuck roast sous vide for about that same amount of time. It came out dry and tough. But, I've slow smoked a chuck roast, and it was dry and tough, too.

I love sous vide, but there is a learning curve if you go beyond the basic steak or pork chop. As far as roasts, I always get good results with pork tenderloin.

CD
In an ideal world I would have cooked it lower and longer, but that would have involved buying it two days earlier!

Dinner tonight: carrots in thyme butter, mixed into quinoa & spinach, added cranberries & toasted pecans & a touch of orange zest. Crispy skin salmon & a Chardonnay. Leftover quinoa for lunch tomorrow
IMG20200803201618.jpg

I revised my methodology for last nights rich mans moussaka, I sliced the aubergines thinner and griddled them longer to remove the moisture that made the last one sloppy. It's too

hot to cook indoors so I baked it in the weber on the balcony. I added pics of our favorite fruit stall near us. We stocked up yesterday morning.The bananas are the only item that is not local

They'd think you'd lost your marbles, were off your rocker, had bats in your belfry...anyone want to add some catch phrases that insinuate Mum has lost her mind and should be committed to the loony bin?

She's gone radio rental, tinnie short of a six pack, chicken oriental, her elevator doesn't reach the top floor, away with the fairies, nutty as a fruit cake.

She's gone radio rental, tinnie short of a six pack, chicken oriental, her elevator doesn't reach the top floor, away with the fairies, nutty as a fruit cake.

As they say in Thailand "Mai dtem Baht" - Not the full Baht.

So I wasn't just drunk and Whataburger is really as good as I remember? We don't have them in NE Ohio.

It might be regional, but Sonic burgers up here suck.

I've never had a Whataburger, we don't have them here. Sonic burgers aren't bad. I'd rather have a Wendy's, but Sonic's onion rings are great here.

My favorites of the "not quite there" sayings come from former Minnesota Vikings (NFL) long snapper and radio personality Mike Morris.

In a slyly self-deprecating way, he always mixes his sayings, so he'll say something like, "He's one sandwich short of a full deck," or "She's not the sharpest knife on the tree."

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom