What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am amazed that anyone voluntarily eats BK whoppers. The most disgusting of all the fast food burgers. It's 90% mayo and 10% meat. And here I thought I wasn't a food snob. :laugh:
The BK theme song is "Have it your way." That means you can customize your whopper. And those of us in the US know you are exaggerating. It's not 10% meat. It's a rather large patty, and if you want it with ketchup and lettuce only, they will happily oblige.

:roflmao:They wouldn't believe me. They really wouldn't!
They'd think you'd lost your marbles, were off your rocker, had bats in your belfry...anyone want to add some catch phrases that insinuate Mum has lost her mind and should be committed to the loony bin?

I wouldn't know what angel food cake is supposed to look like. I got gifted these by my fellow Anglophile friend yesterday, and they're British Mr.Kipling cakes.
No wonder TR loved them, anything British is his cup of tea (even when he didn't know that).

I flattened a sauerkraut ball and pan-fried it, then put an egg on top and served with a strip of bacon. It was pretty good.

That was the most wonderful birthday dinner. Just amazing 😍

We started off with some simple French bread, butter and camargue salt. The bread was delicious and authentic.

Then we both had lobster bisque.

My husbands main was moules mariniere ( mussels in white wine sauce ) .

He downed them all in no time, said they were great.

And for me steak au poivre, soft as butter. Also gorgeous.

Then for dessert my husband had white chocolate mousse with banana icecream and caramel sauce.

And I had Iles flottante ( floating islands) which is meringue with caramel sauce on custard. The meringue was divine, like a floating pillow.

Next post with two more pics.

I am amazed that anyone voluntarily eats BK whoppers. The most disgusting of all the fast food burgers. It's 90% mayo and 10% meat. And here I thought I wasn't a food snob. :laugh:
You've never had Sonic, then. Those are nasty. Nothing to do with the condiments, it's a flavorless, mushy meat (supposedly beef?) patty. And some people think that Whataburger is awful, but I have a fond place in my heart as one of those "go to" fast foods from my college years. And they taste really good about 4 a.m. after a night on the town. That and Waffle House.

You've never had Sonic, then. Those are nasty. Nothing to do with the condiments, it's a flavorless, mushy meat (supposedly beef?) patty. And some people think that Whataburger is awful, but I have a fond place in my heart as one of those "go to" fast foods from my college years. And they taste really good about 4 a.m. after a night on the town. That and Waffle House.
My wife absolutely loves Sonic, second only to Steak And Shake, and for the record, my least favorite fast food burger is Whataburger.

No accounting for taste, huh? :)

My wife absolutely loves Sonic, second only to Steak And Shake, and for the record, my least favorite fast food burger is Whataburger.

No accounting for taste, huh? :)
I haven't eaten Whataburger in over 30 years and I would have to be drunk to do that. My fond memories of it are because I was tipsy, I am sure.

I do like Steak and Shake, but Five Guys is equally good (except Steak and Shake has better fries and shakes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom