What did you cook or eat today (August 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply cannot wait until our weekly carry-out meal from American fast food fish-and-chips shop Long John Silver's.

Am I looking forward to eating it, yes. But I'm really looking forward to your comment once I post a photo, being that you're from Fishandchipia (aka, The UK). I may even ask that, before you look at the photo, you have someone ready to take a pic of your initial expression. It'll be priceless. They may even make a new emoji from it, one to describe a combined feeling of shock, disgust, and sadness. 🤨😔😧 all rolled into one. :)

Are you going to eat it, or lube your car with it? :scratchhead: :D

CD

We don't have a drive through here.
Ah, that's unfortunate. Well if you felt brave, you could pay online (maybe) and go in double-masked with gloves, pick up your food and leave? But maybe it's not worth all that to find out you don't like BK food. I think you aren't much of a burger person anyway, right? But what they do right is flame broil the patties, which does make their burgers superior to McD's. I still haven't had one of their burgers in a very, very long time and I don't miss them, personally. The fries (chips) are rather good, but I still prefer making them at home myself.

Most of the fast food places have apps where you can order and pay. I have 1 for BK, Sonic and Wendy's as thos are the places we get lunch from time to time.

We're getting bands of rain and wind for about 2 hours now. We are forecasted to get 29 to 30 MPH winds starting in a couple of hours until after midnight when they will start to decrease and, of course, lots of rain, but at least we aren't on the "wet side" of the storm so it should be pretty well cleared out of here by mid morning tomorrow.

Dinner was fish and chips with hushpuppies, roasted garlic tartar sauce, and slaw.

We don't have a drive through here.
That's another thing I hate about this stupid pandemic...I <bleeping> hate drive-throughs (I refuse to even spell it T-H-R-U)! 😠

Are you going to eat it, or lube your car with it? :scratchhead: :D

CD
I'm going to have to take a little 10-second video of me squeezing the corner of the fillet, showing all the grease running out, like a big ol' fishy blister.

When we were living in San Antonio, I was going to night school out at Randolph, and there was a LJS right outside the gate.

I ate there three times a week. 😬

That's another thing I hate about this stupid pandemic...I <bleeping> hate drive-throughs (I refuse to even spell it T-H-R-U)! 😠

I'm going to have to take a little 10-second video of me squeezing the corner of the fillet, showing all the grease running out, like a big ol' fishy blister.

When we were living in San Antonio, I was going to night school out at Randolph, and there was a LJS right outside the gate.

I ate there three times a week. 😬

You were probably very "regular." That stuff will pass through you like a bullet train.

I do have to admit, I used to get a craving for it in college from time-to-time.

CD

You were probably very "regular." That stuff will pass through you like a bullet train.

I do have to admit, I used to get a craving for it in college from time-to-time.

CD
Well, it was behavior like that that took me from 120 lbs when I was 19 to 220 lbs when I was 29.

When we lived in Minnesota, walleye is worshipped like a god-fish there, so no LJS, except for one in Rochester and one in Mankato, both about 90 minutes from our house. I used to make the drive to one or the other once every couple of months, just to eat at LJS.

Hot chocolate for the wife, earl grey for me. Sunday here so family coming later, mis 10 turned 11 yesterday. So it's her choice.
Cats tongue biscuits
Steak sammiches
Ice cream and packet custard

Simple and every body will be happy.

Russ

Ah, that's unfortunate. Well if you felt brave, you could pay online (maybe) and go in double-masked with gloves, pick up your food and leave? But maybe it's not worth all that to find out you don't like BK food. I think you aren't much of a burger person anyway, right? But what they do right is flame broil the patties, which does make their burgers superior to McD's. I still haven't had one of their burgers in a very, very long time and I don't miss them, personally. The fries (chips) are rather good, but I still prefer making them at home myself.

I could ask my son or daughter who live nearby to bring me one - but frankly, they would think I've lost the plot! They would say, 'Mum, are you serious?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom